A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

I Hope this is not true

• 64 Replies

letsplayfootball

I Hope this is not true
« on: October 10, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
Can someone please tell us this is not true that David King ,Warren Garcia ,Jack Woods and Hateley MERCER Are leaving the ducks. ???

Luke

• View Profile
Re: I Hope this is not true
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:37 AM »
Can someone please tell us this is not true that David King ,Warren Garcia ,Jack Woods and Hateley MERCER Are leaving the ducks. ???

I believe all have been approached by higher level clubs, but, as far as I know, all are staying because they're all enjoying their football.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 250 | Last new: The Raymond McEnhill Stadium, Salisbury

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »
We havent received any "Seven Day Approaches" from any other clubs for these players. This is required by the FA before a club can approach any players where they are on a Non contract arrangement

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 12:03:56 PM »

You can add Fritz to that list as well, he was asked to sign for another local club, but he's not leaving either, because like the rest of the lads, he enjoys it here at Aylesbury.  

That's not to say that if a really good offer from a team above our level came in, that none of them would be tempted, but I'd like to think it would be one of those "too good to refuse" offers!

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:06:09 PM »
We havent received any "Seven Day Approaches" from any other clubs for these players. This is required by the FA before a club can approach any players where they are on a Non contract arrangement

Thats good to hear Steve, I know its a big step for a club at our level, but couldn't we put some of our more "valuable" players on a short term contract to protect our assets?  At least if they were to move on we could ask a nominal fee?  Or doesn't that happen at our level?

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:50 PM »
Any reason why we can't put our 'best' players on a contract ?

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
An open forum isnt the best place for us to answer the question of having players on contract. It has been done in the past and was found not be in the best interests of the club for a variety of reasons.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:59:20 PM »
I agree, contracting players at any level below Conference South should be outlawed or alternatively any club below Conference South wishing to contract players should be forced to lodge a bond equal to the value of that contract with the FA.

Clubs at higher levels looking to sign young players performing well at a lower level will always happen. It's a testament to the club that the lads look like they may reject these approaches as they feel AUFC is fulfilling their requirements in terms of enjoyment, ambition etc.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
An open forum isnt the best place for us to answer the question of having players on contract. It has been done in the past and was found not be in the best interests of the club for a variety of reasons.

Appreciate that, it just doesn't seem fair for a club to nurture and develop a player only to lose him to a higher league club for no recompense.  Its happened to us before, most notably when Lee Cook left for Watford all those years ago.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »

I believe all have been approached by higher level clubs, but, as far as I know, all are staying because they're all enjoying their football.

And why wouldn't they,a good management team,club and loyall supporters!Some times you move to pastures new and it is the biggest mistake you have made.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 02:48:55 PM »
True and the lack of a contract system at this level makes it easier to come back if that is the case.

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 03:10:31 PM »
They should be commended as well,how many players have we seen just come for big money and couldn't give a toss about the club or fans as long as they get there big wage packet!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:13:47 PM by green and white »

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 03:24:07 PM »
I agree, contracting players at any level below Conference South should be outlawed or alternatively any club below Conference South wishing to contract players should be forced to lodge a bond equal to the value of that contract with the FA.

Clubs at higher levels looking to sign young players performing well at a lower level will always happen. It's a testament to the club that the lads look like they may reject these approaches as they feel AUFC is fulfilling their requirements in terms of enjoyment, ambition etc.

Agree there Lee, contracting at this level is not overly helpful - and even a contract doesn't stop a player wanting to move on - and clubs in non-league generally shouldn't be paying to buy out registrations.

And, personally, I never blame a player for wanting to chance his arm at a higher level . . . but good news if the squad is sticking together.

The 7 day approach thing is interesting, is it required? Or only required if the club want it? Always stuck me as an unnecessary piece of paper and in most cases the player will already have been spoken to by someone from the interested party - even if its one of the players.

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 04:06:47 PM »
Clubs have the right to waive the seven days if they are happy for the player to go but it is an FA rule that a formal seven day approach must be made in writing to a club before the player is approached. Once the player is approached they must be signed between the eighth and the 21st day.

The approaching Club: (A) may not approach the same Player a second time in the same playing season; (B) may approach only one (1) Player at a Club at any time  and (C) may not approach another Player at the same Club within 28 days of an earlier notice of approach or acknowledgment.

A Club which is the subject of a complaint alleging failure to give notice in accordance with this Rule may be subject to a charge of Misconduct pursuant to Rule E1(b);

All nice and straightforward then!!

letsplayfootball

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 07:59:55 AM »
Can someone please tell us this is not true that David King ,Warren Garcia ,Jack Woods and Hateley MERCER Are leaving the ducks.

so we have now lost david King does this mean the other 3 are on there way out as well ,Is there any chance of the management team letting us know whats going on ?