A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Coulter leaving!

• 108 Replies

AD81

• View Profile
Coulter leaving!
« on: May 30, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »
I have heard on grapevine and seen on SSML forum that Coulter is joining Padbury! Would be a massive loss, had also heard one or two others may also be joining Padbury
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Ian

• View Profile
Re: Coulter leaving!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
That would be a massive disappointment, I don't mind good players leaving to better themselves, but to drop a level is not exactly developing their careers, more their bank balance.  All of our players from this season have shown they are more than capable at this level, many could step up a division.  Still, players come and players go, I would trust the management to have suitable replacements in place come the start of the season.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:19:58 PM by Ian »

stallion

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
I have heard on grapevine and seen on SSML forum that Coulter is joining Padbury! Would be a massive loss, had also heard one or two others may also be joining Padbury

That same forum said Glyn Creaser was joining Padbury,but was denied by Glyn.If he and others go that is up to them as Ian has said why drop to Div 1.Has to be the money!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:40:40 PM by stallion »

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »
Creaser had apparently agreed before end of the season to go along with coulter and one or two others apparently. Of course the only reason would be money also being big fish I guess.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

letsplayfottie

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »
he must be mad why go down a div ,did he not score 20 plus goals last season .why would he not try and play up a div .

just goes to show you what some players are like .im sure tony will have a replacement as someone said players come players go.

someone said there might be other players going to Padbury so who are they?

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 12:04:51 AM »
I cant remember but I was given 3 names apparently these players approached Padbury, its mental

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 08:34:23 AM »
Padbury are highly ambitious, with money and want to progress to a higher level - plus they seem pretty happy to do anything to achieve this - include merging.

funny old world really, things have changed a lot there since my time at Corries, when they seemed to be struggling to keep their heads above water.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »
If people want to sell out to the latest johnny come lately, more money than sense club that no-one cares about let them, it's their problem not ours. Eventually they'll run into the problem that all fly by night clubs run into - they'll find there's always a club with that little bit more money than them.

I read somewhere that Padbury want to move to Milton Keynes eventually and will even change their name to do so - makes your stomach churn, especially when there are two 'proper' clubs up the road in Buckingham that would benefit from that kind of 'investment'.

It looks like the Crawley / Fleetwood model is becoming the way to succeed in non league football which is a crying shame. Thank the lord (despite the whole Ducks v Wimbledon friendly saga a few years ago) for AFC Wimbledon who have proved that romance and determination can still prevail in this money driven age.

stallion

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 01:58:34 PM »
Agree with you Lee.The Chairman of Padbury is he not the ex Chairman of Buckingham Town at one time?When the money man goes what are you left with?We will have to wait and see!As I said Glyn did say he was not going to Padbury.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 02:59:39 PM »
I hear Ryan Riffen wants to return as a replacement for Coulter if he can be paid 100 per week !!!!!

stallion

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »
I hear Ryan Riffen wants to return as a replacement for Coulter if he can be paid 100 per week !!!!!

He is not worth that!

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 06:32:19 PM »
Do you mean Wiffen? I believe he is 100% Winslow his cousin is the manager so it seems highly unlikely

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
AD81, you are not that well informed now are you.
Creaser, hadn't arranged to go anywhere before the end of the season, fact.
Disappointed you can't remember 3 names that you were given that approached Padbury, be handy to know who we need to replace as none of us are irreplaceable.
It would appear that you spend a large amount of time on the website, you don't need to remember me saying I was going nowhere it's in writing on the site if you would care to look back you will see what was written.
Whoever 'Stallion' is, you should listen to him he has clearly spoken to me regarding this matter and has told you what I have said.
To avoid any confusion, due to personal circumstances I will be away for the first few games of the season, not at Padbury, the Gaffer is aware and agreed this is ok.
We start back on the 28 June 2011 and we are really looking forward to the challenge of next season. ;)

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 07:09:15 PM »
Thats good news however as I say without naming names the guy told me with certaintity that you, Tucker, Coulter etc.. were done deals, evidently not and pleased to hear it. Hot air then I guess or time will tell. I was only relaying info I had been given no need to get your panties in a twist pal.

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 07:25:05 PM »
Hot air indeed.  :-*