A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

AVFC

• 80 Replies

Ian

• View Profile
AVFC
« on: February 05, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »
I know its a bit naughty to discuss our neighbours on here, but I did chuckle when I read this message on the board this morning from Mr Eaton:

"On behalf of the team I would just like to say how much we appreciate the extra vocal support, you were all fantastic last week so more of the same would be appreciated today. What would be great is if everyone could bring down one new person so we can start hitting the 200 plus gates, this town is big enough and the team are working really hard to bring more success.

Enjoy the game today
Mark"

Nice for him to thank the supporters of course, but it didn't have much impact - attendance today 84!

stallion

Re: AVFC
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 11:03:19 PM »
I know its a bit naughty to discuss our neighbours on here, but I did chuckle when I read this message on the board this morning from Mr Eaton:

"On behalf of the team I would just like to say how much we appreciate the extra vocal support, you were all fantastic last week so more of the same would be appreciated today. What would be great is if everyone could bring down one new person so we can start hitting the 200 plus gates, this town is big enough and the team are working really hard to bring more success.

Enjoy the game today
Mark"

Nice for him to thank the supporters of course, but it didn't have much impact - attendance today 84!

Also more for a FA Sunday Cup game over 200 spectators watched Britannia at Haywood Way!Mr Eaton you are deluded.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
That's why they need us

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:08:51 PM »
Oh but come on it was windy yesterday!

Just think if they agreed a groundshare they would get the financial equivalent of 200+ plus gates every time the Ducks were at home!

AUFC playing in Aylesbury would get over 200 playing in South Mids Div 2.

Prez!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:31:49 PM »
That's why they need us

Oh, they need us, do they?
I thought it was the other way round. :o
Tool.
A law unto himself since 1960.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 02:45:08 PM »
Come on Mr Prez get a grip. The benefits to both clubs have been discussed on here many times.

stallion

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
Oh but come on it was windy yesterday!

Just think if they agreed a groundshare they would get the financial equivalent of 200+ plus gates every time the Ducks were at home!

AUFC playing in Aylesbury would get over 200 playing in South Mids Div 2.

We would Lee!

Prez!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 04:23:16 PM »
Come on Mr Prez get a grip. The benefits to both clubs have been discussed on here many times.

I have a perfectly sound grip on reality Mr. SBD, the quality of their pitch kind of makes it impractical at this stage, would you not agree?
A law unto himself since 1960.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »
I've never been there myself but it's always been said that it's not a good pitch.

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 07:20:33 AM »
It's no worse than Leighton's  ;)

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 07:37:30 AM »
There we have it then, the pitch is good enough so that's the end of that argument.

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 07:49:45 AM »
Vales pitch acts as a flood plain in the same way Buckingham Road does - I was asked by the club to take down a photo that showed buckingham road under a number of inches of water from DoTW once - as it would have insurance implications for the club. There was even a mark on the wall down towards the dressing room where the water rearched and fish were frozen into the ice on the pitch.

Haywoods way is not a good pitch, probably not had a lot of  money spent on it - however it is within the town, so I'll live with losing a few games throughout the season.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 09:08:05 AM »
What then are the other arguments against a groundshare ?

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 09:23:05 AM »
I hope that there is a merger at some point because I just don't believe that either will prosper in current position. Beacuse AFC can't attract the crowds and because AUFC just can't survive long term playing out of the town. I know there are lots of issues to resolve and that many people will have to eat humble pie (on both sides) but for the good of local football I just hope sense prevails.

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:40 AM »
Well said Mike, I'm sure we'll get there eventually.