A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Just back from Flackwell

• 32 Replies
Re: Just back from Flackwell
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2022, 05:19:14 PM »
I suspect he means that with no reserve side what half decent keeper is going to sign on to not play much

I'm sure there are ways round it - we've had enough players on dual registration with VD, Ascot, Winslow, Slough Academy etc etc for whom the arrangements have worked

PS - Lee; this is a forum for supporters to air their views - the vast majority of the posts are views that are regretfully held, but which have been held (and not expressed) for 6- 9 months or more.
There have been many complaints about other players (mainly various centre forwards!) over the years.
Unfortunately ,imho, without a new keeper we will not be challenging for the play offs, which i think, otherwise, would be  well within the capabilities of Ben and the team

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2022, 05:34:22 PM »
Lee people are expressing opinions.  Why would that affect any potential signing.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2022, 07:22:20 PM »
People are indeed expressing opinions. I make no apology for opposing some of those opinions.

Players and management read this forum and are probably a bit disappointed with the contents of this thread.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 07:24:53 PM by Lee »

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2022, 08:22:52 PM »
......or impressed by the honesty of all participant's

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2022, 08:55:10 PM »
Lee, none of the comments on here are exactly offensive, disrespectful or cross any lines. None mock the obvious. I've consciously never criticised current players on here because I'm not comfortable doing that and if anything, everyone is being too nice about it. All are rational and entirely reasonable based upon significant patience and understanding shown. Its a really awkward situation but one which really requires addressing.
And yes if we could bring another keeper or even a duel registered keeper in to at least provide competition all the better.

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2022, 09:04:09 PM »
Lee are you being serious?

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2022, 11:54:43 AM »
I suspect he means that with no reserve side what half decent keeper is going to sign on to not play much

I'm sure there are ways round it - we've had enough players on dual registration with VD, Ascot, Winslow, Slough Academy etc etc for whom the arrangements have worked

PS - Lee; this is a forum for supporters to air their views - the vast majority of the posts are views that are regretfully held, but which have been held (and not expressed) for 6- 9 months or more.
There have been many complaints about other players (mainly various centre forwards!) over the years.
Unfortunately ,imho, without a new keeper we will not be challenging for the play offs, which i think, otherwise, would be  well within the capabilities of Ben and the team

Sure but a lot of those teams will have their own keeper and won’t want them disappearing off when needed. They aren’t likely to play someone regularly who will go somewhere else at the drop of a hat, so a gk who is back up to Aylesbury is likely to be back up elsewhere and can’t see many lads doing that when there a lots of teams who need a keeper to play regularly. Might have to be a loan. 

As for players not signing because of forum comments or Twitter or whatever, I would suggest if that’s the case those players lack the character necessary to play a reasonable level of football.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 01:45:17 PM by AD81 »
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2022, 07:10:05 PM »
That last paragraph is laughable.

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2022, 07:26:19 PM »
That last paragraph is laughable.

Again are you being serious?

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2022, 07:28:34 PM »
What’s laughable is thinking that if a player is swayed enough by words on the internet that the same player could handle what is shouted at them on match day. If they don’t have the stones to deal with words from a couple of folk online they don’t have the stones to perform under any sort of pressure or expectation or when they are getting murder from a few fans on the side. If you don’t understand or get that… I can’t help you.

Personally I think it’s laughable to suggest any player would give a flying feck about what’s said on a fairly quiet forum.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 07:32:53 PM by AD81 »
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2022, 07:34:23 PM »
Totally agree mate.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2022, 07:50:04 PM »
The difference being the folk on the fairly quiet forum are supposed to be supporters and on your side.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2022, 08:02:42 PM »
And?? Supporters never criticise their own players? They do it more than anyone, I had more heat from my own side than anyone. Players with an ounce of character and half a brain get it.

Look, it’s not even a remotely controversial topic or even that interesting. For what it’s worth I think Aylesbury have a very positive, humorous and supportive fan base. Players have been hammered worse, especially back on dotw but nobody said boo because it’s all part of football isn’t it? Opinions and talking them out… I have said what I’ve said and I’ll leave it at that. I think you’ve chosen a weird hill to die on but I guess we all have one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 08:07:46 PM by AD81 »

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2022, 08:43:36 PM »
Not dying on any hill, just sticking up for a young player I believe is being unfairly criticised.

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2022, 09:21:11 PM »
The thing is, this isn't actually a criticism of the player but the fact he's being picked. No rational thinking supporter  would expect him to be able to overcome his significant lack of inches to dominate his area in the air. In same way if Ben consistently picked a very left footed right back we would be questioning the decision not the player. Hope this helps.