A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

17th September

• 5 Replies

Leon

• View Profile
17th September
« on: July 21, 2022, 09:02:58 PM »
I see that there is a Taskmaster event happening (and selling very well) at 3pm on Saturday 17th September at Chesham's ground. The Ducks are currently scheduled to play Didcot at 'home' on that day in the league, although it's also FA Cup Second Qualifying Round day, so there's a chance that game would potentially have been moved to accommodate a Chesham (or optimistically, Aylesbury) cup home draw.

Presumably whatever match (if any) takes place at the Meadow that weekend will now end up being played on the Sunday instead, but I am curious to hear if Chesham have even consulted us (or Didcot for that matter) during the process of booking this event? The fact that they are advertising and selling tickets for Taskmaster before any postponement/rearrangement of our game has been announced suggests probably not!
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 181
Last new one: Aston Clinton (it counts)

Ian

• View Profile
Re: 17th September
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 10:01:24 PM »
Chesham did inform us and the League (before the fixtures were announced) that there was an event booked on the 17th September and asked the League not to schedule a home game for either of us on that date.  Why they took the booking we don't know, but I can imagine there was a financial incentive involved  Why the League planned a game at Chesham that day and more importantly gave us a game that day only they know.  It is not something we were involved with or are happy with, but we have to accept both aspects of it. 

The Didcot match will be rearranged; however as you have highlighted that might be a moot point if either Chesham or us (or both!) get a home FA Cup draw that weekend.  The best outcome (all round!) would be for the Didcot match to be postponed because either or both of us to still be involved in the FA Cup and for us to get an away FA Cup draw!  The most interesting scenario would see Chesham and us both get a home draw.  If the Taskmaster event goes ahead one of us would have to play on Friday and one on the Sunday.  But either opponents could object to a Friday evening game, especially if they had a long journey to make.  It will be interesting, if that happens, how the FA adjudicate that conundrum.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 10:10:15 PM by Ian »

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 10:31:59 PM »
According to Alex Horne, the Ducks v Didcot game has been reversed and will now take place at Didcot! So that's alright then...well, apart from the whole FA Cup situation  ::)
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 181
Last new one: Aston Clinton (it counts)

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2022, 10:35:31 PM »
According to Alex Horne, the Ducks v Didcot game has been reversed and will now take place at Didcot! So that's alright then...well, apart from the whole FA Cup situation  ::)

Alex Horne needs to get his facts straight then.  As the man who arranges the fixtures, I can tell you that no such discussions have taken place.  Especially as Chesham are playing at home on the day when that would be happening!

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 05:41:02 PM »
Sunday 18th September 2022 - FA Cup Second Qualifying Round - Aylesbury United v Chesham United  ;D

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 08:45:22 AM »
Don't even joke about it!