A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

New Club Website

• 10 Replies

Simon

• View Profile
New Club Website
« on: June 15, 2022, 09:58:09 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm sure many of you will have already seen, however the Club has launched a new website this week which can be found at:

https://www.aylesbury.football/

Firstly, the pre-season fixtures are detailed on the new site, plus you will see that the new site includes sections for all areas of the club, juniors, girls, ladies, walking football, etc - bring us all together and allow everyone to see whats happening and get involved in our club.

Hope you like the new site.

GLH

• View Profile
Re: New Club Website
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 02:01:19 PM »
Does the new site have a messageboard?

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 04:07:45 PM »
No, still using this one.

If enough people want a new one, I can feed that back.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 07:28:51 PM »
Don't understand the need for 2 sites but then again I am an old fart . If I'm honest the old site still looks head and shoulders above the new one unless looking at it through my phone distorts what is trying to be achieved . My verdict...why ?

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 07:58:18 PM »
Don't understand the need for 2 sites but then again I am an old fart . If I'm honest the old site still looks head and shoulders above the new one unless looking at it through my phone distorts what is trying to be achieved . My verdict...why ?

Graham, the simple answer is that the old site is of a much older vintage and the software is becoming increasingly more unreliable and difficult to manage.  The other purpose of the new website is that it has the capacity to expand and integrate the Juniors, Ladies, Disability and Walking football teams, so bringing all the Aylesbury United brand under one common site. 

The old site will be retained as an archive of the club's history, far too much good information on there to discard.  A tribute to Luke's work over the years, which will continue.

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 09:28:48 PM »
Needed an update in my opinion.  Good to expand and integrate the other teams. Mention to Luke Thank you for for all your hard work you put it. Top man and a dedicated Duck.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 09:54:57 AM »
Thanks Ian . It obviously needs time to evolve so will shut up for now ! One question though.....who holds the remaining balance of shares ?

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 11:45:51 AM »
Not sure what you mean by that, but the balance of shares hasn't changed as far as I know.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 01:09:41 PM »
GR 49% , 21CD 39%.....who holds the remaining 12% ?

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 01:41:46 PM »
I don't know all the names.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 03:12:58 PM »
The Companies House Beta website will be your friend here.