A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

just back from Barton...

• 0 Replies
just back from Barton...
« on: April 16, 2022, 09:12:46 PM »
and a meaningless 1-1 draw in a match played like a pre season friendly. In fact I'm only doing this to keep Graham happy! ;D ;D ;D
Lewthwaite scored an excellent goal that he created and scored all by himself, but then contrived to miss 3 golden chances in the 2nd half to blot his copy book. Body language and attitude were a lot better, so hopefully Ben can continue to work his magic with him. The barrel like Appiah in central midfield showed why he'd played at a higher level, but didn't look like he's going to threaten Riddick's position. Was far more impressed by fernandes , who looks a proper left back and did numerous good things. He's apparently 34. but plays like he's 24. On that performance i'd be more than happy to see him in the green n white next season.
Pierce again had a useful game - he always seems to have a decent performance when i see him. Wood and Doc were v. solid, but apart from that there wasn't much to report
ps great support again - half the crowd seemed to be from Aylesbury
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:26:08 PM by harry the haddock »