A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Meet The New Directors Session

• 19 Replies

Simon

• View Profile
Meet The New Directors Session
« on: March 31, 2022, 06:14:43 PM »
Hopefully you have all seen the news item on the website about next weeks session - which I hope you will be able to attend and contribute to.

If anyone would like a question answered, but would rather not ask themselves during the session, then please feel free to email me at simon.lacey@oliverlacey.com - and I will do my best to include during the session.

We are hoping to record the session and make available after the event for those who cannot attend.

We are aware its been a tough few months on the field - which is one of the reasons we have offered to get involved - your continued support is appreciated and we do not take it for granted.

Please make the session if you are able to.

Simon

• View Profile
Re: Meet The New Directors Session
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 10:05:20 AM »
Bump to act as a reminder for tomorrow's session - feel free to forward any pre-event questions to me at the address in the original post.

We have some interesting (and challenging!) topics already.

Hope you can make it.

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 08:49:02 PM »
That was a good session tonight. The "One Club United" was great to see and the recognistion that we must grow the club with all our resources.
In regard to communications from the board need to increase. The once a year statement by Graham is the reference currently. 21 CD have increased the budget to the club recently but the limiting factor is income from a membership of about 70.
It was very encouraging to hear of the 8 year plan
I would hope this forum could be repeated at least to 6 times a year.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 09:05:29 PM »
Agreed it was a lovely meeting but the only negative was felt nothing really answered yet and think we could have heard more from others on the board as just felt like a 3 man takeover of the club and hearing there cv's,
That being said its nice to hear that someone has a plan going forward and apart from the ben as manager it is still good to hear people are trying and we now have an option and people to pitch ideas to. I really hope this becomes a monthly event and can attract more followers :)

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 10:03:36 PM »
Interesting and very worthwhile session this evening. Heartening to hear of an enthusiastic, focused and ambitious approach from the impressive new board members coming at it from a more seeming corporate angle.

Hope these become a regular event and more take part.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 09:37:11 AM »
Good first forum from the 3 new club Directors and fair play to them in putting themselves forward to help the club and also for arranging the session last night. Communication has certainly been lacking and I think these forums will bring supporters back together again and make us feel part of the bigger picture. I think it was important for us to hear the "CV's", the different skill sets that each one of them have and what they will bring to the club and help the other board members.

I don't feel like it is a takeover of a club, but 3 guys who are supporters of this great club of 125 years and want to see it thrive again and be competitive.   It was good to hear that the club are working on an 8 year plan and hopefully at some point in another forum we can hear more about this and also other projects that the Chairman and Board of AUFC are working on. 

Well done guys, I look forward to the next forum and hopefully more supporters will join and thrive as we move forward as One Club:United
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 10:08:18 AM by Franco »

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 01:35:46 PM »
Agreed it was a lovely meeting but the only negative was felt nothing really answered yet and think we could have heard more from others on the board as just felt like a 3 man takeover of the club and hearing there cv's,
That being said its nice to hear that someone has a plan going forward and apart from the ben as manager it is still good to hear people are trying and we now have an option and people to pitch ideas to. I really hope this becomes a monthly event and can attract more followers :)

Allan, I would love to hear your suggestions as to who would do a better job for us than Ben. We have had two under par months in five years under him. I would much rather we have the arrangement we have now than the arrangement certain other local clubs have where if the manager goes the playing budget goes as well.

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 05:17:23 PM »

Allan, I would love to hear your suggestions as to who would do a better job for us than Ben. We have had two under par months in five years under him. I would much rather we have the arrangement we have now than the arrangement certain other local clubs have where if the manager goes the playing budget goes as well.

Your always so quick to shot down every opinion i have lee so thanks for that. Also im so fed up with ben getting credit for both covid years that both lasted about two months each.yes we had good starts with luxury of players like max&jellis both those years started like this year and look how that turned out current run of 3wins in 21games with a steady squad who should have a understanding of eachother by now. Ben should be judged on form and its been poor. As for suggestions of who better put the advert out and i bet there will be loads better applying. Being scared of change is not an excuse to become dependent of someone.

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 10:59:56 PM »
it's not a bad thing to have a contrary view, but i think you're in a minority of 2 (you n green & white).

bloody internet went down so i couldn't make the meeting (thanks gigaclear!) could anyone give a full report please?

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2022, 03:15:07 PM »
I believe the meeting was recorded and should be available.

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2022, 08:17:12 PM »
I couldn't make it either so wouldn't mind watching it back if available.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 189 | Last new: Herns Way, Welwyn Garden City
Total grounds: 263 | Last new: Westfield Lane, Wrecclesham

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022, 01:18:10 PM »
We have a recording - just working out the best way to share - and where to store it.

Paul will post on the website, once its sorted out.

I'd welcome feedback, so that we can enhance future events - I'm keen for us to do a 21CD focused one too.

thank you to all those that attended and took part - much appreciated and we will be feeding back to the board tonight.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 04:06:51 PM »
would be good to have an end of season catch up with Ben if possible

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2022, 10:01:31 AM »
would be good to have an end of season catch up with Ben if possible

Thanks Harry - noted. I'll see what we can do on this.

Were you thinking a similar forum - i.e. Q&A?

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2022, 02:07:15 PM »
yes, or even a face to face one - have done similar occasions in the back room at the bricklayers for example(if that's still around)