A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Max Hercules joins Banbury United

• 5 Replies
Max Hercules joins Banbury United
« on: February 11, 2022, 06:55:14 AM »
That's the 3rd top player we've lost to higher league clubs in less than 6 months (as well as Hoppy moving away pre season).
Good luck to Max, and i hope it goes well for him, but really sorry for Ben; it's just problem after another this season.
Team are really going to have to pull together now - think it's going to be a very tough last 12 games, unless Ben can suddenly unearth another diamond. i know he won't do it but it feels like it's time for 1 of those pack the defence, backs against the wall, battling 0-0 draws, just to get the ship back on an even keel

Luke

• View Profile
Re: Max Hercules joins Banbury United
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 07:34:23 AM »
Great move for him to be fair so hope it goes well. But the timing couldn't be worse for us - he's been our only real attacking threat the last few games so will be hard to replace.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 189 | Last new: Herns Way, Welwyn Garden City
Total grounds: 264 | Last new: Meadowbank Ground, Dorking

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 07:55:13 AM »
A great move for Max personally. Banbury are pretty much nailed on to be a Step 2 side next season so it’ll be a great challenge for him to become an established player there.

As for us, we can be proud that three young players our coaching team have nurtured have moved on to higher levels this season but it is immensely frustrating. In our eyes why would anyone want to play for anyone other than Aylesbury United?! It’s the best club in the world!

It will be a tough run in to the end of the season but Colney Heath need to win 6/10 and Wantage 6/12 to catch us, that more than likely isn’t going to happen. 18th place and a play off against a Step 5 side is much more of a threat to our Southern League status. I have faith it won’t come to that but whilst it’s still a possibility it’s a worry!

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 09:09:11 AM »
A great move for Max personally. Banbury are pretty much nailed on to be a Step 2 side next season so it’ll be a great challenge for him to become an established player there.

As for us, we can be proud that three young players our coaching team have nurtured have moved on to higher levels this season but it is immensely frustrating. In our eyes why would anyone want to play for anyone other than Aylesbury United?! It’s the best club in the world!

It will be a tough run in to the end of the season but Colney Heath need to win 6/10 and Wantage 6/12 to catch us, that more than likely isn’t going to happen. 18th place and a play off against a Step 5 side is much more of a threat to our Southern League status. I have faith it won’t come to that but whilst it’s still a possibility it’s a worry!

It would be typical Aylesbury United that our first ever playoff involvement would be one to avoid relegation though, wouldn't it?!  ;D ;D
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 189 | Last new: Herns Way, Welwyn Garden City
Total grounds: 264 | Last new: Meadowbank Ground, Dorking

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 11:12:03 AM »
Looking at the comments made by the Banbury manager "he is a great fit for the club", I take as he is building for next season or needs a wide forward as a replacement / additional option off the bench.
I hope for Max's career he is a replacement for a Banbury player recently injured or returned from a loan period.
In regard to our own squad it was good to see Ollie Hogg, Ben Seaton and Jamie Rudd getting some playing time.
I would hope this week, with no mid week match, Ben has had  productive training session/s 

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 11:40:59 AM »

It would be typical Aylesbury United that our first ever playoff involvement would be one to avoid relegation though, wouldn't it?!  ;D ;D

Wouldn't it just?! Aylesbury United fans are like Pam from Gavin and Stacey - we love the drama!