A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Biggleswade

• 3 Replies
Biggleswade
« on: February 05, 2022, 09:31:17 PM »
To those that were not at the game  today you may be surprised to hear that we played well for a large parts of the game. We hit the post the crossbar and had shots straight
at the keeper. 3 off are goals  admittedly were off our own own downfall, dodgy throw ins and failed clearences. But overall we played well its just how our luck is going, if your reading this Ben we are all behind you.  I think we are playing better this last couple of weeks, please keep the faith its only a matter of  time.  Up the Ducks.

Re: Biggleswade
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 10:32:08 PM »
I agree. For large parts of the game we were the better side. Had plenty of chances but as it has been recently can’t seem to buy a goal. Biggleswade had four shots on target and scored with all of them. First was our mistake the others were all breakaway goals. Score line doesn’t reflect the match. Their committee at the end said we are too good to go down. Hard I know but we just have to keep faith. The vast majority of this team are the same ones who had us challenging for the playoffs

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 10:04:25 AM »
A similar game to Wednesday, having to sign on a new player day before match is unsettling.
Chances created much better both halves.
 In my opinion Dave O'Conner is more suited to the back 4. I understand the need to provide more cover in mid field which I would expect J J to be able to provide.
Max cutting across from the wing in mid field worked, when used.
The ability to get a training session during the week will help greatly.
All supporters keep the faith class and ability will win through.
Up the Ducks

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 10:51:32 AM »
Thought the new centre forward looked good . Considering he'd never played with or even met some/most of the players he integrated well into the side and with us fans . Certainly the best c/f I seen for us since Ty left . Our fortunes have to change soon we shouldn't have got beat yesterday or against Thame but when your lucks down it's down . Good to see many of the long term absentees returing from injury too .