A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Ex-Ducks

• 148 Replies

Jim R

• View Profile
Re: Ex-Ducks
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2020, 12:48:26 PM »
Ollie Stanbridge playing for Bugbrook St Michael . He was in midfield in the FA vase match v Holmer Green. The team are in Div 1 of the United Counties League.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2020, 01:34:31 PM »
Ollie Stanbridge playing for Bugbrook St Michael . He was in midfield in the FA vase match v Holmer Green. The team are in Div 1 of the United Counties League.
If memory serves me right, that was the club he joined us from many years ago as a youngster, so his career has gone "full circle"!  Good to see he still has the boots on at 40 years of age, I bet he is helping to develop some young talent!

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2020, 03:21:00 PM »
Lee Bircham not having an easy start to management, Hemel have lost their first two league matches, including 4-1 at home to Eastbourne yesterday.  They scraped past AFC Dunstable in the FA last week, winning 2-1, earning themselves a tricky trip to Boston on Tuesday - although Boston have problems of their own, with their league match against Guiseley postponed yesterday due to 1 Boston player contracting COVID-19 and 2 other showing symptoms. 

He will be wanting to see some points on the board soon if he isn't to start looking over his shoulder!

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2020, 03:42:37 PM »
I think its the other Biggleswade Paul.  (Biggleswade Town, in the Southern Prem)

« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »
Where Dabber's boy Scott, is player coach

« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »
I think its the other Biggleswade Paul.  (Biggleswade Town, in the Southern Prem)

You beat me to it Ian  :)

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »
Striker Chid Onokwai has signed for St. Albans City and made his debut in the National League South (!) on Saturday.

Last night I went to see Chalfont St. Peter for whom (as previously reported) Sydney Ibie is leading the line. He scored a penalty for Saints last night but they were pretty poor in a 2-1 defeat at Bedfont Sports. Although I miss his skills on the ball, I think it's fair to say I don't think he would add anything to our team at the moment!
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 253 | Last new: Bedfont Sports Recreation Ground, Bedfont

« Reply #143 on: October 25, 2020, 10:01:12 AM »
The exquisitely named Oran Swales is turning out for Levvy Green and Chris Cordara Soanes, the legendary centre back, is at Harependen Town
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 10:11:03 AM by harry the haddock »

« Reply #144 on: July 05, 2021, 02:38:31 PM »

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 05, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »
well done Zaki - thoroughly deserved

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/july/seven-years-and-counting-for-zaki-as-he-signs-for-the-dons/

Indeed.  I always thought we were lucky to have a keeper of his quality at our level.  His strengths were definitely his athleticism, agility, distribution and professionalism, which made me realise quite quickly he would play much higher than us.  To have got 2 seasons and 71 appearances out of him was quite an achievement I think

« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2021, 04:41:32 PM »
we now have an international player amongst former Ducks. Dejon Noel-Williams made his debut for Grenada last month. He's currently playing semi pro for Guadalajara in Spain

https://www.deportivoguadalajara.es/dejon-nuevo-jugador-del-deportivo-guadalajara/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dejon_Noel-Williams

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2021, 10:17:46 PM »
Noel-Williams joining the Bubb brothers (Alvin, Byron, Theodore) as former Ducks to have played for Grenada!
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2021, 10:36:58 PM »
Are you saying we are Grenada's feeder club? ;D