A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

125th anniversary

• 5 Replies
125th anniversary
« on: February 13, 2021, 04:22:45 PM »
Hello all.

The club's 125th anniversary falls in 2022, so naturally we should make a big fuss of this fantastic achievement (hopefully we'll be back playing football by then!).

Just wanted to start the ball rolling and collect as many ideas as possible to mark this momentus occasion in the club's history. The earlier we start thinking about it, the more time there'll be to organise things.

A few ideas that sprang to mind:

• 125th anniversary kit
  • Legends match/Supporters match
  • 125th anniversary merchandise – scarf, mug etc
  • Invite former Ducks as special guests to matches
  • Update the club crest to recosgnise the anniversary
  • Special anniversary magazine/programme
  • Something similar to the Festival of Football/Birthday party for all parts of the club
  • Raise the prize in the 50:50 draw to 125 for a season
  • Ask a local brewery to brew an anniversary beer (one did this for the 30th Florence Nightingale Hospice Beer Festival)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 04:38:09 PM by ProgrammePaul »

Lee

• View Profile
Re: 125th anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 01:22:40 PM »
Definitely a legends match.

How about some sort of celebration evening with a meal / buffet, guest speakers and a disco? The rugby club would be a good place to host as they are great at putting things like this on.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 06:55:33 PM »
Why not think bigger !!!!

- Ask FA to send a legends team after all said and done we were the last non league team to face England !! Explain our plight...they can only say no

- Contact national press (not just Bucks Herald) again explaining our plight and ask them to run a page or whatever in their paper

- Involve Ellen White

- Involve HS2

- Invite all local businesses (large and small) to contribute to our anniversary

I can go on but I'll finish on the above 5 points .

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 09:20:03 AM »
Aylesbury United Legends v Harry's Heroes.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 07:52:27 PM »
Aylesbury United Legends v Harry's Heroes.

lovely thought, but tbh, i don't think that many people will turn up to watch my all time Grimsby Town XI ;D ;D ;D
even if it is against hercy and dabber etc

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 02:46:56 PM »
As long at it didn't descend into Ivano Bonetti v Brian Laws Part 2!