A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Last chance to watch for a month

• 3 Replies
Last chance to watch for a month
« on: November 01, 2020, 10:19:50 AM »
Let's hope plenty of us make the effort to get out there today and on Wednesday to give the lads the support they deserve

Re: Last chance to watch for a month
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 08:17:15 PM »
Another entertaining game, and an excellent performance ,especially first half when jellis/hercules/seaton and jones clever interplay had them at sixes and sevens. They had 5 chances and scored 4 goals whilst their keeper made 3 great saves and we had 1 cleared off the line. They won primarily because we were down to bare bones, tired after Wednesday s exertions and consequently made defensive mistakes. must add we scored two absolutely belting goals, 1 a brilliant bit of team play and the other a harry jones left foot beauty into the top corner from 20 yards
Thought ben seaton was superb but my motm goes to anthony ball who was everywhere, first defending, then next minute linking up with attack.god knows how many tackles he made
Nothing to be ashamed of, it was another super team performance in front of a large,appreciative crowd (243 apparently). Let's just hope they can drag one more good performance on wednesday before they have a well deserved months rest
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 08:20:21 PM by harry the haddock »

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2020, 09:41:58 PM »
I think this is a case of 'if only'. If only we had gone for the kill at 1-0 when we were the far better team and their defence looked all shot of confidence. I honestly think if we had got a 2nd/3rd it would have been game over. If only their keeper hadn't pulled off some fantastic saves, and if only the ref had given the blatant pen when 2 players sandwiching DOC when through on goal - Mike's picture looks like both the players wiped him out as it looked in real time.

WHAT A GOAL from Harry!

As you say HTH a very entertaining game once again and with a lot of committed performances. I'm sure most of the newbies, returning fans or even the groundhoppers in attendance would have mostly liked what they saw - they definitely got their money's worth. 4-2 was a very flattering score line to 'The Gate'

Lets hope to sign off with a good result at Kidlington.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 09:38:34 AM »
Certainly a game someone had to win rather than one someone deserved to lose.

You see what happens when Harry shoots!  ;D