A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Just back

• 7 Replies
Just back
« on: October 28, 2020, 10:59:14 PM »
From a thoroughly entertaining  0-0 draw against the moaning big time Charlie's of Bedford (we guessed their wage bill must be about 10 times bigger than ours)
the difference being that they looked like a team of good individuals,  but we are a proper team with no stars who just battle for each other.
Just so different to Saturday in so many good ways. Think ben won the tactical battle , playing harry as a withdrawn 9 left their 2 lumps of centre halves with nothing to do and they were often exposed by our little skilful players playing at pace.think wood and riddick sitting in worked a treat as well.
Funny thing is despite their pressure, possession and constant corners in the 2nd half we had by far the best chances throughout the match.
In contrast to saturday we rediscovered our defensive solidity with doubling up, individual battles won, great tackles and superb blocks.
We played more football in the first 10 or 15 minutes than the whole 90 at Biggleswade.
Doc summed it up, thought he was v poor on saturday ,tonight he was motm with a monumental performance
Should hastily add that they played well to a man.bally and j.j. were back to their usual best ,whilst jake had his best game for ages.
Jack and riddick were excellent as a pair of defensive midfielders. Seaton and rudd were really trouble causers with their quickness and trickery.they were big, big losses when they went off.up front harry never stopped and competed manfully.
3 new boys all came on.lad from slough looked like a little boy but whipped a couple of good balls in.the forward from Hitchin looked an interesting prospect, showed a bit of pace and good technique, whilst Jamie is going to be a big plus.just has that bit of class and is such a good passer.
Once again well done Ben and the boys, another great game and another superb performance
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 11:01:16 PM by harry the haddock »

Graham D

• View Profile
Re: Just back
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 11:55:40 PM »
Pretty much agree with everything hth has said . Completely opposite performance to the Biggleswade game with a number of players righting their performance levels . Thought Doc was brilliant and supported by an excellent defensive display from the entire team . Love the result.....small budget 0 vs wasted budget 0 . Congrats to Ben and squad .

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 12:14:54 AM »
Its great to play a team like bedford and get a point and still be able to say we could have nicked it.
The players looked like they really wanted it and new signings looked great aswel cant wait to see patrick zidane upfront with juwon,harry or tye alongside him :) great support there tonight was nice and loud aswel :)

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 09:40:09 AM »
It was certainly a good 0-0. I just wish Harry had had a pop at goal at the end as I fancied him to score even if he didn't!

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 10:03:49 AM »
It was certainly a good 0-0. I just wish Harry had had a pop at goal at the end as I fancied him to score even if he didn't!

Have you got over that yet?! I was a bit concerned for your mental state at the end of the game  ;D
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 253 | Last new: Bedfont Sports Recreation Ground, Bedfont

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 01:54:37 PM »

Have you got over that yet?! I was a bit concerned for your mental state at the end of the game  ;D

I was same Luke, standing directly behind it, he had such a big gap to aim at as the keeper was caught in 2 minds but chose the wrong option. His reaction, head in hands on his knees said it all, oh well!

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »
I was same Luke, standing directly behind it, he had such a big gap to aim at as the keeper was caught in 2 minds but chose the wrong option. His reaction, head in hands on his knees said it all, oh well!

Yes Harvis, but did you go into a full-on rant about, and I quote, "fucking FIFA" like Lee?
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 04:09:02 PM »
 ;D No-one shoots these days, I tell ya! They want to walk it in like they do on Fifa!

I had every confidence that Harry would have smashed the ball into the back of the net had he taken the shot on!