A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Biggleswade

• 14 Replies

Graham D

• View Profile
Biggleswade
« on: October 24, 2020, 11:47:29 PM »
1  - So glad Ty is okay
2  - Today's performance was abysmal
3 - Never seen so many players below par
4 -  Biggleswade fully deserved to win
5 -  Game abandoned due to Ty's injury.....given we were in extra time as a club we should concede the points and not ask for the game to be replayed
6 - Their lady physio was an absolute star re Ty's injury . As a club can we send her some flowers
to acknowledge her help (Erica's idea which I fully support)
7 - Ty should not be our penalty taker
8 - Do we need some reinforcements to cement our excellent start to the season as clearly those out with injuries are having a detrimental effect on performances

ErikaR

• View Profile
Re: Biggleswade
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 07:18:31 AM »
Re: the abandonment,  Personally, I’d want it replayed. It’s a whole new game. A whole, new 90 minutes. We may still lose. But we may not. It could be a crucial point or goal difference we may need come April. We have nothing to lose by replaying it & potentially a lot to gain.
You can’t tell me the players don’t want another shot at it too, for Ty, for an opportunity to show what they’re capable of after poor showings yesterday.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 09:13:59 AM »
Glad Ty is ok.can see both sides of the argument.i suggest we keep v.v. quiet and hope the League come up with a favourable decision😉!
Biggleswadecfully deserved their win, their blonde little 10 , the number 4 and the black lad up front were the best players on the pitch.as for us we were bloody awful ( as usual when we get a big following😞) summed up by the fact that I had ben seaton was my motm and he only played 45 minutes!
Lovely goal by us and over 50 away fans giving great support were the only highlights for us.
Ps we are still top of the league 8)

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
I suspect precedent will dictate that the game is replayed. Whether this would be the right decision I’m not so sure.

Wasn’t our best day yesterday but we’ll soldier on as always. Looking forward to Wednesday’s game.

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 12:55:17 PM »
Firstly, I hope Ty is well.

Much of what I was going to say has been succinctly covered by Graham's opening post. I understand why people would want the game replayed, just think that we should accept that we lost. This would show the Club in a great light. 

I am not too bothered by the below-par performance, as these things happen and we are relying on a small squad already missing a couple of key players. Nobody could be blamed for a lack of effort yesterday, which is always my first metric when gauging a team's performance, so positives to be taken from that.

IMO, Biggleswade's back 4 were excellent in the main and their #10 was perpetual motion. They played well as a team.

Personally, I would like to se us start with Lee Stobbs on Wednesday night in place of Max and would look to have Jack in midfield, with Harry Jones at RB and reverting to 4-5-1. Ben Seaton would be worth a shout to start based on yesterday (but then I love the way he plays the game).

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 01:52:56 PM »
Whilst overall we weren't at our best I do think missing both Sonny and Ollie really shows.  I would like to see Seats get a start on Wednesday.

As for replaying the game I'm a bit torn.  Agree that it would be the sporting thing to do and allow Biggles wade the win but on the flip side replaying the game gives us a second chance to pick up 3 points!

Will be interesting to see if Ben can strengthen the team as it's starting to look a little light in number now.

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 03:10:42 PM »
Forgot to mention our second goal was a thing of beauty.

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 09:20:38 PM »
Personally I think the club should forfeit the game and move on .
I did feel that there wasn't one player who could put their foot on the ball and slow the game down.
We are lightweight up front there's no doubt about it and miss Ollie big time .
Let's learn from this defeat.

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »
Did anyone notice that outrageous tweet demanding a refund for the abandonment? I have absolutely no idea who they could have been (Mr H!).

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 11:55:24 AM »
Yes, the perpetrator has form for inciting Twitter outrage, he once got one of my tweets published on the S*n website!

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020, 12:25:00 PM »
Was he serious? I saw that pop up and a few replies.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020, 01:08:00 PM »
And which one of you set up the gofund page?! 😂

I note that he got 98 minutes of football more than the 90 he paid for...😂😂
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2020, 01:53:59 PM »
Is the go fund page for his train ticket?  ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2020, 02:53:35 PM »
Did anyone notice that outrageous tweet demanding a refund for the abandonment? I have absolutely no idea who they could have been (Mr H!).

;) ;) ;)

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2020, 09:35:52 AM »
Game now confirmed as a 3-2 win to Biggleswade. Can see both sides of the argument as to whether it should have been replayed but given the current circumstances generally in terms of potential fixture congestion etc it's probably best to draw a line under it and move on.