A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

What an absolute classic

• 9 Replies
What an absolute classic
« on: October 03, 2020, 07:53:40 PM »
Wow, just wow.what a game, that one will live long in the memory.just shows what a great product non league football can be. I think everyone will have gone home 'buzzing' ,and rightly so.
Great team performance by the ducks and absolutely outstanding performance by their keeper who pulled off 6 or 7 saves which would have graced the premiership.
Ben must be so proud tonight, they are a proper, proper team.no stars, just everyone working for each other and never knowing when they are beaten
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 11:30:20 PM by harry the haddock »

Re: What an absolute classic
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 09:01:28 PM »
Agreed - what entertainment and great value for money.

We were not really in at the races until we went 2 down but then stepped up a gear, and then stepped up a few more in the 2nd half. It would have been a travesty if we had not won today given the chances we had. We absolutely dominated the 2nd half.

Yes the keeper made some fantastic saves but his reaction to the sending off was not the best particularly his behaviour once he left the field.

Have to say their 2nd goal was a worldy but Ty nearly scored one of those himself. Good to see Ty get on the score sheet with a good finish - hopefully that is the start of a goal scoring run.

ErikaR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 09:06:31 PM »
What happened when he left the pitch?

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:20:18 PM »
Let's be kind and say he was disappointed with either himself or the ref and the red mist descended, taking it out on the furniture on the way off the pitch and staying an angry man long after the final whistle!  Fortunately no damage was caused to any of the hardware.

Shame, he was my man of the match, as Harry says, some of his saves were top, top drawer, without him we would have been out of sight before that penalty.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 10:46:51 AM »
What an absolute treat it was to be there yesterday. Despite what the Premier League claim, watching Football at any level has always been about entertainment for me. Yesterday was right up there in 50 years of attending games.

Daventry caught us cold with 2 excellently taken goals, yet we carried on playing to the game plan and did not panic. I loved the non-stop effort everyone put in and the result was thoroughly deserved. One man stopped us from winning at a canter, who deserves a special mention. Their goalkeeper in the 2nd half was absolutely brilliant (and fair play to our lad who went on their Twitter feed to praise him). The applause he got when sent off was genuine and I hope that he reflects on this today. Rarely does an opposition player get that response.

Ben Williams, thank you for putting together a team that plays such attractive football. Winning is great, it is not the be-all, end-all; leaving the ground feeling like I did yesterday is everything (and it would have been very close if we had not won).

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 11:40:01 AM »
What an absolute treat it was to be there yesterday. Despite what the Premier League claim, watching Football at any level has always been about entertainment for me. Yesterday was right up there in 50 years of attending games.

Daventry caught us cold with 2 excellently taken goals, yet we carried on playing to the game plan and did not panic. I loved the non-stop effort everyone put in and the result was thoroughly deserved. One man stopped us from winning at a canter, who deserves a special mention. Their goalkeeper in the 2nd half was absolutely brilliant (and fair play to our lad who went on their Twitter feed to praise him). The applause he got when sent off was genuine and I hope that he reflects on this today. Rarely does an opposition player get that response.

Ben Williams, thank you for putting together a team that plays such attractive football. Winning is great, it is not the be-all, end-all; leaving the ground feeling like I did yesterday is everything (and it would have been very close if we had not won).

I agree with you mate, but I wonder how many were clapping in relief that we might just get the winner now he wasn't on the pitch! ;D 

Top performance from a keeper who I think will play higher than step 4 in the future.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 12:33:21 PM »
Disagree Ian.i'm certain he'd have got a standing ovation if they'd held out for the draw

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »
I wouldn't disagree with that, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one relieved to see him get the red card, knowing an outfield player had to face the penalty.

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 02:00:00 PM »

And West Ham won. What a weekend fot you mate!

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 02:01:32 PM »
I wouldn't disagree with that, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one relieved to see him get the red card, knowing an outfield player had to face the penalty.

Too true, I was Ian!