A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Supporters in grounds

• 20 Replies

GLH

• View Profile
Supporters in grounds
« on: August 19, 2020, 06:33:13 PM »
Found this link on BBC Sport - does it apply to us?

Bbc/sport/football/53817206

Leon

• View Profile
Re: Supporters in grounds
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:04:19 PM »
Yes, it does apply to us.

Hopefully we'll get some clarification on what this means for the upcoming games. Risborough, Leighton and Tring, as Step 5/6 clubs, will only be allowed to admit 150 people (I think?). We would have been close to that number under normal circumstances, but with no other football happening outside of non-league I would be very surprised if demand didn't exceed that, so some people are probably going to miss out. Might be first come, first served, might be preference given to home fans. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:08:41 AM »
I agree with everything Leon has said on demand for the upcoming games.

It also looks like we have to play a home game with a 200 capacity before it's increased to 400.

Given a home FA cup tie with Long Crendon COULD attract over 200 people (possible good weather, no professional football with crowds being played locally etc) would the FA accept the friendly with Chesham as a home game for both teams?

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 01:11:22 PM »
Lee I would say no as you have to be Home Team. Maybe clarification needed.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 02:59:56 PM »
Fans will be allowed to enter the remaining friendlies, subject to the home club having taken the necessary steps to allow this to happen.

As you can all imagine, this is proving very time consuming for clubs like ours, who rely on people who work during the day to manage these extra responsibilities in their own time.  News will be forthcoming as soon as we can ahead of Saturday's match.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 04:24:30 PM »

Your last three words could be the strap line for the entirety of the last five months!!

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 07:08:53 PM »
Fans will be allowed to enter the remaining friendlies, subject to the home club having taken the necessary steps to allow this to happen.

As you can all imagine, this is proving very time consuming for clubs like ours, who rely on people who work during the day to manage these extra responsibilities in their own time.  News will be forthcoming as soon as we can ahead of Saturday's match.

That's what they forget about at our level.

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 07:09:42 PM »

Your last three words could be the strap line for the entirety of the last five months!!

Nothing is ever clear!

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 07:45:03 PM »
How many at Riseborough on Sat. I saw Mike's photos looked over 80

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 08:31:38 PM »
The official attendance was 121.

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 10:20:03 PM »
Thanks for that. One reason I did not go was because the viewing area is limited to one side, the large crowd as expected and the waste of time temperature check. From the photos I saw too many fans were not at a social distance. Hence my trip to Tring town crowd 30 

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2020, 09:16:41 AM »
Yes, the areas in which you can watch the game at Risborough are maybe a bit more limited than at other grounds. If you watch the game from behind one of the goals you could very well be asked to field the boundary as well!

Social distancing will be a lot easier at Chesham.

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2020, 09:54:13 AM »
Chesham, Leighton, Winslow, Tring Athletic etc are all fine for me.

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2020, 07:57:16 PM »
Tring called off their game on Saturday due to positve Covid tests among Tornadoes (youth team).  The home game on Tuesday has also disappeared from the website.  Fingers crossed they'll be ready for Saturday. 

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »
Tring called off their game on Saturday due to positve Covid tests among Tornadoes (youth team).  The home game on Tuesday has also disappeared from the website.  Fingers crossed they'll be ready for Saturday.

Tuesday is back on so hopefully all going well Saturday will go ahead.