A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Colours of home kit

• 8 Replies

Jim R

• View Profile
Colours of home kit
« on: June 03, 2020, 06:42:32 PM »
I know the current home kit is green and white , but has this always been the case. In the photo in the club history it shows a quartered shirt, does anyone know what colours these are ?
I ask because of the away kit design competition and maybe using colours or designed used in the past days could be used as a source.

ErikaR

• View Profile
Re: Colours of home kit
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 10:09:30 AM »
Iíve posed the question to the one person who would probably know.....Brains. Awaiting his reply

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 02:04:01 PM »
Green and white (often in quarters) for sure goes back at least as far as the move from the Printing Works to Wendover Road in 1935 according to this absolute gem. https://twitter.com/MemorabiliaMal/status/1240733734837551104

Not sure which era the pic in the club history comes from. That looks like possibly a light green/dark green combination similar to the quarters in the club badge?
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

ErikaR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 10:51:29 AM »
Brains got back to me. His very detailed records only go as far back as the early 70ís , so Leonís 1935 game looks like the earliest record of colours jotted down so far

ErikaR

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 10:55:40 AM »
One thing Brains did say, was that , during lockdown, heís been piecing together some stats re: our Southern League games over the years. One little stat in particular intrigued me.....but he hadnít finished it yet, and I donít want to spoil it. Look out for it next season.......

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 10:22:42 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help , now to find a design for the away kit. Maybe using the quarter shirt as a basis , maybe using a different set of colours.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 06:54:56 PM »
My all-time favourite away kit was the red and black stripes (a la AC Milan). Would love to see us go back to that.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 09:34:03 AM »
MLC , I would love it if you would come back to us and so would many many others .

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 01:25:36 PM »
MLC , I would love it if you would come back to us and so would many many others .

Agree   :)