A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Bedworth -will be remembered for years to come

• 9 Replies
Bedworth -will be remembered for years to come
« on: March 07, 2020, 07:16:44 PM »
Well, that was quite an experience, but for totally off field matters.
Firstly the game ,  first time I've seen them for a few weeks and we look like we've gone off the boil, little of the swift crisp passing and we've gone back to looking like a small frail side. Very lacklustre first half, but much improved second, although v.difficult to say that anyone had a really good game.Jack wood did well, but generally Bosworth were bigger better,stronger in every department. They played the referee well, who never recovered from failing to send their centre half off in the first minute, which even the v friendly Bedworth support said was a red card. Good debut from the new lad, who looks useful. we'd have been sighing with relief if we'd got a draw.
Off the field, they've got a nice little ground and set up with catering that's nearly as Good as Kidderminster , and you can't get much higher praise than that.Faggots and mushy peas in a bun were surprisingly good whilst Bedworth Broth was also recomended.unfortunately the pork n stuffing baps ran out before I could get to it.
The final whistle was the main event tho. Father of 1 bedworth centre half was berating his sons defensive partner after the goal and said hed better come and see him afterwards. Said centre half went over to him at the end and very reasonably tried to explain to him what had gone wrong. Father just lost it, said do you think I'm a fecking mug and with that threw a perfect right cross into the centre half left eye. Centre half was left with an absolute stonking instant black eye whilst the father was hustled away. Apparently he's got some sort of previous history as well!
In 50 years of watching footie I've never seen anything like it. I hate to think what might've happened if they'd lost!
Quite a day....
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 07:20:35 PM by harry the haddock »

Ian

• View Profile
Re: Bedworth -will be remembered for years to come
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 08:23:42 AM »
Certainly a strange incident at the end of the match, no one knew who the gent involved was until later on.  For a father of a player on the winning team to react like that was a new one on me!

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 04:57:23 PM »
Where was Ty ?

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 05:46:03 PM »

Can only remember Paul Cobb's dad getting a bit fighty back in the day, but that was with Ducks fans and not his own team. 'Are you is dad or something ?', 'I am actually !' ;D
Sponsoring the Bitter Bertie for the 19/20 season

Most unlikely to catch any VD ;)

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 09:20:37 PM »
Ty was "unavailable".

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 09:53:10 PM »
What does that mean mate ?

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 10:13:36 PM »
He wasn't available to play!  Nothing more, nothing less.  I expect we will see him on Wednesday.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 10:40:00 PM »
Thanks Ian . It's just my opinion , but if we're going to achieve anything this season we need him to be playing .

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 07:12:44 AM »
Thanks Ian . It's just my opinion , but if we're going to achieve anything this season we need him to be playing .

Fear not, we have a striker in the house.  Wait until you see Juwon on Wednesday.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 01:33:20 PM »

Can only remember Paul Cobb's dad getting a bit fighty back in the day, but that was with Ducks fans and not his own team. 'Are you is dad or something ?', 'I am actually !' ;D

One of the finest moments in the history of the Chicken Run!