A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Just back

• 9 Replies
Just back
« on: January 18, 2020, 09:31:58 PM »
After a few pints of animals Water Buffalo offering which went down very nicely after an important win. First n foremost I desperately hope doc is ok.such a brave, almost insane ,challenge resulted in a serious neck injury which sees him in smh tonight. Thinking of you doc and hope you're ok. Game ended up with a 5.15 final whistle. Weirdly it seemed like bighleswade were more affected by the injury than the ducks.
We started v well but after max scored an excellent  opener we went to sleep and they split us open time after time before getting their deserved equaliser. Harry came on and played very well and In the second half we were much more fluid and ended up deserved Victor's. Bit like wolves today weve stumbled a little bit  and today was a vital win. Great team spirit and we remain in the play off places. Motm was probably jordan jenkins. Ps apparently ken 'has left the building' presumably he has spent the afternoon trying to find bishops stortford or tamworth on the underground map🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Just back
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »
All the best Ken. Doc has been given the all clear thankfully. He along with the others who have signed have been fully committed and never say die attitude. We will also be loosing Luke our physio who is taking up a brilliant opportunity in being Head Therapist at a club in Sweden.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 08:44:31 AM »
Was always going to be hard keeping Ken with offers from clubs higher up. Be interested to see how he gets on.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 09:16:56 AM »
Where has Ken gone? I agree it was always going to be hard to keep him given his form this season. In some ways itís good the speculation is over so everyone can now get on with the rest of the season.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »
Nowhere yet, but it's no secret that his agent has been trying to get him moves to higher ranked clubs.

One question:  Why on earth are agents getting involved at this level of football?  Absolutely astounding to me.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 09:53:53 AM »
Totally agree Ian. Ridiculous at this level.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 11:00:55 AM »
Nowhere yet, but it's no secret that his agent has been trying to get him moves to higher ranked clubs.

One question:  Why on earth are agents getting involved at this level of football?  Absolutely astounding to me.

Seeing it more and more, absolute nonsense. I know ex pros who played in the premier league and didnít have agents ffs.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 11:02:49 AM »
Fantastic news re D.O.C - crunching and fully committed challenge from him which unfortunately saw him worse off! Amazing effort by all the physio team, including from Biggleswade, and everyone else who got involved in trying to help/keep him warm etc.

As for the game, fits and starts springs to mind with periods of time when both teams dominated but not surprising given the delay. Well taken goal from Jesus and composed nuts finish by The French Revolution. Mark the Shark MOM for me - what a signing he has been!

Hoping Keaton August will be good signing. Hats off to the efforts of our now only Ken who had to put in a lot of effort this week in getting that signing done.

Totally agree re agent at 4th step of non-league is so not necessary. They rip the players off, always looking for the next income, fill their heads with nonsense and probably not got the interests of the player in mind. Interesting to see where he pops up next - somewhere he will struggle to travel to no doubt!

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 02:06:33 PM »
Must be very hard for an agent to make decent money representing players at this level. Itís going to take a lot of 10% of £30 quid a weeks to afford even a trolley full of shopping!

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
Speculate to accumulate Lee.  They only need to unearth one or two diamonds, then they are in the money.