A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Just Back from the Town of Didcot

• 10 Replies

Luke

• View Profile
Just Back from the Town of Didcot
« on: January 01, 2020, 06:26:30 PM »
1/10 would not recommend.

Bloody lucky to come away with a point is all I can say.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 251 | Last new: The Athletic Ground, Wells

Re: Just Back from the Town of Didcot
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »
Poor performance in a poor game on a poor pitch.they played the conditions far better than us and had the outstanding player in their no.5. Good substitution by Ben as Osborne turned the tide and we looked far more threatening as he actually managed to pass the ball successfully to team mates.Feyi is currently a shadow of his former self, but hopefully the well taken last gasp equaliser will lift his mood.Harry Jones had another good game apart from giving away the penalty as did the 2 centre backs and Anthony ball. Mot m was either wood or jenkins
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:08:26 PM by harry the haddock »

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 08:12:00 PM »
apart from hayward heath ive never seen us play that badly before :(
we robbed didcot and didnt deserve it,
the swapping of osborne for greg was an obvious switch from the start as greg was all over the place today and almost as bad as ty deacon who yet again was absolutely useless and gets way to many chances in the team for what he gives back :(

bewley looked lost and didnt look comfortable and only really ball,jones&ken can say they gave  performance today :(

all i can say is things can only get better as surely couldnt get any worse

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 08:46:43 PM »
Iím sorry chaps. While everyone is entitled to their view can we get a little bit of perspective. We enter the New Year in the play off places having only lost three games all season with probably one of, if not the lowest, budgets in the league and probably the smallest squad. To be where we are is little short of amazing and while weíd all love to see a team demolishing the opposition every week that was never going to happen and I for one am immensely proud of what Ben, his team and the players have achieved. This isnít fantasy football itís about being realistic and recognising whatís being achieved .

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 08:57:49 PM »
Iím sorry chaps. While everyone is entitled to their view can we get a little bit of perspective. We enter the New Year in the play off places having only lost three games all season with probably one of, if not the lowest, budgets in the league and probably the smallest squad. To be where we are is little short of amazing and while weíd all love to see a team demolishing the opposition every week that was never going to happen and I for one am immensely proud of what Ben, his team and the players have achieved. This isnít fantasy football itís about being realistic and recognising whatís being achieved .

Nobody is doubting how well the team has done and i think its well established that the club financialy cant compete with top clubs but that doesnt make them immune to criticism when they play poorly and give shockinly bad performances.
When we see players who are usually so reliable and today couldnt even pass a football then they have to take the criticism like they would the praise when they do well.
Playing for aylesbury united and putting on the shirt is a privilege and today they just didnt turn up and some players just arnt good enough

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion and we werenít at our best today but we drew a game that very recently we would have lost. Thatís the difference and why we are where we are in the league. My point was perspective.... based on our budget and playing squad size we should be lower mid table at best. To be where we are is amazing so letís accept our limitations and enjoy our success

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 09:35:49 PM »
Think you're being a bit unfair alan. That pitch was appalling, the ball was bobbling about all over the place. It was a poor performance by our standards but the pitch had a lot to do with it.we should also give them credit for sticking with it even though they were second best. Kept trying and great team spirit, which hadn't always been the case in previous seasons.
I feel sorry for Ty he keeps trying but is completely bereft of confidence, and he never seems to get the sort of pass he wants. He has been a decent player at this level, so I'm sure he can do it, he just needs a bit of luck

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 09:45:05 PM »
I agree with Steve, if we had 10 points less than we have now weíd still be saying itís been a pretty decent first half of the season.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 09:52:08 PM »
Back in the day I used to put in some miserable performances on new years day mainly due to the liquid consumed the night before and lack of sleep . Now I'm not suggesting anything but boys will be boys especially at this level . Happy New year everyone .COYD

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 11:22:11 PM »
Again the level of performance was better in the second half. I did not see any lack of effort , just poor passing and play not linking up. We must all accept the variation in performance, we are all human not robots. I suspect the players will reflect and agree better passing etc will lead to better goal scoring opportunities.
A key change today was moving Jack into midfield providing more energy and drive. In my opinion both Bally and Jack were my motm.
Sometimes it will not look pretty, but so long as we get something from the game, so be it.
Next up Wantage   

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 10:06:09 AM »
Again the level of performance was better in the second half. I did not see any lack of effort , just poor passing and play not linking up. We must all accept the variation in performance, we are all human not robots. I suspect the players will reflect and agree better passing etc will lead to better goal scoring opportunities.
A key change today was moving Jack into midfield providing more energy and drive. In my opinion both Bally and Jack were my motm.
Sometimes it will not look pretty, but so long as we get something from the game, so be it.
Next up Wantage

Who just won their first game of the season with an ex-Duck* scoring for them.

*Sort of.  Sydney Ibie...