A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Halesowen

• 13 Replies

Graham D

• View Profile
Halesowen
« on: December 21, 2019, 07:29:31 PM »
Strangely not feeling to down despite a 4-1 beating . With so many first teamers not available I was quite encouraged by our display . We battled and battled and were definitely the better team second half . Given most of Halesowen players are at least step 3 we should be quite pleased with our performance , don't get me wrong Halesowen deserved to win overall but we were more than okay . I understand another 7 day approach has been put in for Ken Feyi (DON'T GO KEN) from St Ives .

Lots of fed up comments from those in attendance today about our plight to return home to Aylesbury.....could the Board arrange a fans meeting to discuss ? No-one wants to  put a financial burden on the club that we cannot sustain but if would be nice to know what direction we're working towards now that Buckingham Road is dead and buried . Thank you in advance .

Re: Halesowen
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 07:49:26 PM »
I understand fans disappointment. It was sold for £800,000. What would  you say it got to £1M.  Would of crippled the club. Have faith, I know its easy to say after being homeless for so long. Frustration help nothing.

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 07:55:55 PM »
Thought we played some nice football at times, but they were just a little bit too good for us. Disappointing that we could only raise a squad of 12 for whatever reason, but the players and management team who did make it deserve credit for their efforts.

What a great thing Halesowen have going for them. Huge crowds for this level, noisy and generally good-natured supporters, and, perhaps most importantly, kids running around everywhere loving it all. We had all of that 15-20 years ago...would love to see Aylesbury like that again.
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 08:05:27 PM »
St Ives?! That’s even further away than Bishop’s Stortford! His agent needs to try harder!

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 10:13:33 AM »
First game for nearly a year and hardly recognised the Team - less so the personnel, more the way we played. First half was men against boys and we got hammered by a very good side, playing some great football.

Second half? I watched a determined performance from a dedicated bunch of lads who played to the final whistle; even knowing they were up against it, they took the game to Halesowen and gave it a real go. (Not something
I have seen a lot of in the past 3 months from a certain East London outfit).

The quality of the football was great to watch - excellent movement and some very thoughtful passing. (Was Ben Seaton drug tested at the end of the game? First half he was non-existent and I contributed more from behind the goal, 2nd half he was motm. Brilliant passing, fantastic vision and a joy to watch).

I was impressed with the way Ken lead the line - very Lukaku-esque. Needs someone better to play off him imo and I am not surprised other teams are after him.

Lovely to see everyone again and thought the small band of Merry souls gave great support in the face of overwhelming odds. We were ridiculously outnumbered and up against a very witty and vocal home support. As Leon said, it was like us 20 years ago.

Regarding the move back home, Graham R and Ken have my full support. They really are working tirelessly to get us home and we still have options, some possibly better than Buckingham Road. I understand the frustration - now is the time to stand united. As BT used to say, “It’s good to talk”.

One final thing - what the f—- is a “Yeltz”?

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 10:59:43 AM »
Great to see you MLC . Nobody shouts..... A Y L E S B U R Y better . The club are still selling half season tickets or you could even become a Gold Club member , Pete can feel you in with the details . See you Boxing day . Love you lots

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 02:50:47 PM »
There budget staggering. You can see why they have quality in there team.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 05:00:35 PM »
Halesowen strike me as a club that based on size and following shouldn’t really be at this level along with the likes of Corby and Bedford.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »
I was saying this yesterday.  They are very much the Bromsgrove of this season, a West Midlands club who attract a good level of support, allowing them to sign players on high wages, most of who have played at Level 3 at least. The whole set up of both clubs is more attuned to the level above, or even the one above that, which is quite amazing seeing how many professional clubs there are in the area. 

Good luck to them, I'll be pleased to see them get promoted and level the playing field somewhat for the rest of us.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2019, 06:16:49 PM »
Couldn't agree more Ian. Think Ben needs to sign  a few more on. 12 yesterday was poor.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 06:17:06 PM »
First game for nearly a year and hardly recognised the Team - less so the personnel, more the way we played. First half was men against boys and we got hammered by a very good side, playing some great football.

Second half? I watched a determined performance from a dedicated bunch of lads who played to the final whistle; even knowing they were up against it, they took the game to Halesowen and gave it a real go. (Not something
I have seen a lot of in the past 3 months from a certain East London outfit).

The quality of the football was great to watch - excellent movement and some very thoughtful passing. (Was Ben Seaton drug tested at the end of the game? First half he was non-existent and I contributed more from behind the goal, 2nd half he was motm. Brilliant passing, fantastic vision and a joy to watch).

I was impressed with the way Ken lead the line - very Lukaku-esque. Needs someone better to play off him imo and I am not surprised other teams are after him.

Lovely to see everyone again and thought the small band of Merry souls gave great support in the face of overwhelming odds. We were ridiculously outnumbered and up against a very witty and vocal home support. As Leon said, it was like us 20 years ago.

Regarding the move back home, Graham R and Ken have my full support. They really are working tirelessly to get us home and we still have options, some possibly better than Buckingham Road. I understand the frustration - now is the time to stand united. As BT used to say, “It’s good to talk”.

One final thing - what the f—- is a “Yeltz”?

This might help to explain it:

https://www.yeltzarchives.com/history/club-history/why-the-yeltz.html

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2019, 06:48:16 PM »
Cheers for that, Ian. I think I prefer the Hungarian scenario.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2019, 06:51:24 PM »
Cheers for that, Ian. I think I prefer the Hungarian scenario.

"Pungus Catfich"  a name that deserves legend status!

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 09:49:31 PM »
Before the Yaxley game I had heard there was illness/ bug going around the dressing room. . I don't think a few not being there is going to worry me, as we have a busy few weeks ahead and have more important games to worry about .