A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Yaxley

• 10 Replies
Yaxley
« on: December 15, 2019, 04:37:41 PM »
Classic game of 2 halves.we were inept, almost to haywards heath levels, in the first half  which Yaxley duly capitalised on. Second half was a different story with the introduction of Ball who replaced the ineffectual Nsomi and with Sonny pushed further forward. Hit the post, had a couple cleared off the line, missed a few great chances and their keeper played a blinder. We do need to take our chances, coz its costing us points. Ken was trying to win the game on his own and his selfishness wasnt very helpful. Ben Seaton was quiet again and just isn't the player of 2 seasons ago ,whilst jake overcame a terrible first 30 minutes with several barnstorming runs and a dribble across half the length of the pitch which should see him re christened as twinkle toes!!
Motm for me were the 2 centre backs who were the only ones to have consistently good games, although it was sonny and ball that turned the game. Possibly deserved to win, but given that they beat Brrko last week I will take it as a point gained.
Hope the boys enjoyed their night out.
Ps where were hogg, Rudd and harry?

Pps apparently the Buckinghsm Road auction is this week.i've got everything crossed!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:40:50 PM by harry the haddock »

Ian

• View Profile
Re: Yaxley
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »
Fair summary that.

Hoggy is still injured, Rudd and Harry unavailable I believe (don't quote me though!)

As far as Buckingham Rd, I think you might need to do more than cross your fingers, lots of bidders expected, not sure we have deep enough pockets to compete.   :-\ :(

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 07:44:39 PM »
I have always been told there is a sporting covenant  that protects the ground but a mate says there isn't and the flood plain is the main problem.any thoughts?

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 08:47:48 PM »
There's always more than one way to skin a cat 😉

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 09:00:02 PM »
There's always more than one way to skin a cat 😉

;) ;)

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 10:09:54 PM »
Haven't heard from you for a while G and W .....trust things are okay ?

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 10:28:28 PM »
Very cryptic graham. Is that a positive or negative sign?

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 10:38:18 PM »
Haven't heard from you for a while G and W .....trust things are okay ?

All good thanks mate.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 07:21:04 AM »
Depends if you're a cat lover hth 😉

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 09:19:39 AM »
Lewis Osbourne coming on looked a lot better than the last time I saw him play. I understand he is dual registered with his old club Langford. The regular game time has been a real help. Also found out that Ty is playing Sunday League for St Johns , in Stone.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2019, 03:34:42 PM »
Depends if you're a cat lover hth 😉

;D  ;D ;D