A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Buckingham Road

• 48 Replies

Leon

• View Profile
Re: Buckingham Road
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2019, 01:54:06 PM »
Well.... don't shoot the messenger   ???

Can you tell us who we should shoot? I appreciate that 'some of us still have to work', but were they too busy to attach their name?
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2019, 04:10:00 PM »
Well.... don't shoot the messenger   ???

Can you tell us who we should shoot? I appreciate that 'some of us still have to work', but were they too busy to attach their name?

"The Club"
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 247 | Last new: Hanbury Stadium, Haywards Heath

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »
Link to the Andy Collins show on Wed am . The section of our interest starts at 1.05 from the start . It last about 10 minutes
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07v5xj2.
Mostly a phone interview with Greg.

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2019, 10:26:01 PM »

It is all well and good to say we need to move on from Buckingham Road, but whilst a shell of our old ground remains there with the site appearing to change hands every so often with nothing actually happening to it, coupled with the uncertainty over where our future lies, it is difficult to move on. What is actually more likely ? New houses or whatever appearing on Buckingham Road or us coming back. I appreciate there is a tonne of stuff going on behind the scenes that us underlings are not going to know about (and I get that!), but when the ground has been vacant for the same number of days that we have been out of the town, we cannot just 'move on'. No closure until something happens in either direction.
Sponsoring the Bitter Bertie for the 19/20 season

Most unlikely to catch any VD ;)