A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Buckingham Road

• 48 Replies

AD81

• View Profile
Re: Buckingham Road
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 08:26:40 PM »
Point 1 probably not meaningless to those that have used some of their hard earned money to prop the club up over the last 13 years.

Irrelevant then.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 01:28:29 PM »
Well, what now?
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »
Well, what now?

Chesham for the next few years at least...then who knows?  There's lot's of maybes and mights with other options but it feels like a proper opportunity has now gone.

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
Well, what now?

Chesham for the next few years at least...then who knows?  There's lot's of maybes and mights with other options but it feels like a proper opportunity has now gone.

I'm not sure Buckingham Road will ever be gone to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong, but can't help thinking that this cycle of it passing from one developer to the next is far from over, as none of them realise that actually getting the consents to develop the site seems to be near impossible (or it would have been done already, no?). Just think it will be there forever haunting us.

I do hope the new 'owner' has done their homework and hasn't wasted £800,000...
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 251 | Last new: The Athletic Ground, Wells

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
Absolutely gutted and such a low amount in term of possible income.

Personal opinion is that the buyers wont get planning on it and will be eventually rented to both aylesbury football teams in the future or have we just lost a golden ticket back into the town

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2019, 04:46:48 PM »
Well, what now?

I'm not sure Buckingham Road will ever be gone to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong, but can't help thinking that this cycle of it passing from one developer to the next is far from over, as none of them realise that actually getting the consents to develop the site seems to be near impossible (or it would have been done already, no?). Just think it will be there forever haunting us.

Hope you’re right Luke. Gutting news.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 04:47:58 PM »
Absolutely gutted and such a low amount in term of possible income.

Personal opinion is that the buyers wont get planning on it and will be eventually rented to both aylesbury football teams in the future or have we just lost a golden ticket back into the town

I think getting planning is certainly going to be very difficult from what I know about it. You could have a point.

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2019, 04:50:18 PM »
Well, what now?

I hope you're right and that it does come back on the market.  We will be in position to try again?  Only time will tell.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2019, 05:05:38 PM »
Hopefully a club statement is imminent ?

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2019, 05:52:58 PM »
Well, what now?

I hope you're right and that it does come back on the market.  We will be in position to try again?  Only time will tell.

It seems like the quote at the end of this story tells us Buckingham Rd will not be an option again.

https://www.mix96.co.uk/news/local/3009166/aylesbury-united-outbid-for-old-grounds/?fbclid=IwAR3MS12YKCqs-9A6nL5jlpnLMmwcX7xYz7ESP3zwvY5iWRqp7Sp32gdVTlc

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2019, 09:09:16 PM »
That is some truly incredible journalism from Mix 96, and I don't mean the 'very good' definition of incredible.

Like Graham I am looking forward to an actual club statement.
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2019, 09:22:24 PM »
....absolutely Leon . Given the fantastic support we give the club you would hope for a more elaborate and official statement from the club especially as we have a very long trek this coming Saturday . It's what we deserve ?????

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2019, 09:40:25 PM »
That is some truly incredible journalism from Mix 96, and I don't mean the 'very good' definition of incredible.

Couldn't believe it when I saw the Mix96 piece earlier - it is shocking especially after the journo made contact with Ollie Baylis on twitter for more info

I heard a Graham Read clip on the Ollie Baylis non-league show tonight. Graham spoke to Ollie before the programme via phone.

I do have to agree with what Luke said earlier on in the thread. The fact it has passed from owner to owner over the years makes me think there will be difficulties in getting houses/flats/retirement home on the site.

With Christmas fast approaching its a great time to buy a #BringTheDucksHome car sticker. Perfect for car, home, the wife or even someone else's wife...….(husband or partner also appropriate here)

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2019, 09:03:19 AM »
No official statement yet?

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2019, 09:09:06 AM »
No official statement yet?

Saying what? "Club was outbid... we carry on as before."
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 251 | Last new: The Athletic Ground, Wells