A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Buckingham Road

• 48 Replies

Graham D

• View Profile
Buckingham Road
« on: December 04, 2019, 09:45:35 PM »
Is there any truth in the rumour it's going to be sold in 13 days time ??

Lee

• View Profile
Re: Buckingham Road
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 08:32:06 AM »
Will be a bugger to wrap.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 10:12:53 AM »
Sold to who?

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 10:47:37 AM »
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 04:45:35 PM »
Up for auction, guide price £500k.  Search the back of your armchair for lost lottery tickets and loose change!

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 06:06:15 PM »
Up for auction, guide price £500k.  Search the back of your armchair for lost lottery tickets and loose change!

Canít the club get a facility of £500k thatís not a great deal especially if secured against the asset.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 06:10:53 PM »
The expectation is that it will sell for £1M plus . We will be represented at the auction . Everything is crossed....... COYD

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 08:54:59 PM »
Is there a buy now option like on EBay?!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 02:39:40 PM »
whilst keep every fingers and toes crossed for the club at the auction and hugely excited with the idea and dream of returning to buckingham road,
i was however wondering if it doesnt happen and the ground is sold elsewhere what happens next and what is the future hopes for the club and how long realistically can we continue not being in aylesbury???

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 08:37:32 PM »
whilst keep every fingers and toes crossed for the club at the auction and hugely excited with the idea and dream of returning to buckingham road,
i was however wondering if it doesnt happen and the ground is sold elsewhere what happens next and what is the future hopes for the club and how long realistically can we continue not being in aylesbury???

The positive could be it forces the club to look at other options including doing an Oxford City and dropping down and getting a ground in town and starting from the bottom.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 11:15:57 AM »
I see your point but I am not keen on this approach.

Firstly it consigns all of the effort and expense of the homeless years to the bin as we might as well have dropped to Step 7 13 years ago if this was considered the best way forward.

Secondly I would expect us to be back at least Step 5 within 2-3 years so the problem of needing a fully compliant facility would rear it's head again pretty quickly after dropping down to Step 7.

Also Buckingham Road isn't the only option. It does however appear to be the option that is the most realistic in the short to medium term.

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 01:13:46 PM »
as far as i am aware whoever buys the land still has to deal with the sporting covenant, which has always saved the ground from being redeveloped in the past.
That's the first plus, secondly we still have the possibility of a community stadium being developed between Arla and 'mad mile. i also heard a very interesting story about Fairford Leys Golf Course and an offer from HS2, although i was subsequently told that that may have died a death.

and of course there's a ground at Quarrendon which may need a rent paying tenant in the future ;)........

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 03:31:51 PM »
I see your point but I am not keen on this approach.

Firstly it consigns all of the effort and expense of the homeless years to the bin as we might as well have dropped to Step 7 13 years ago if this was considered the best way forward.

Secondly I would expect us to be back at least Step 5 within 2-3 years so the problem of needing a fully compliant facility would rear it's head again pretty quickly after dropping down to Step 7.

Also Buckingham Road isn't the only option. It does however appear to be the option that is the most realistic in the short to medium term.

Devils advocate

Point one is in the larger picture is meaningless.

Point 2 a few years success at step 5 with vase and a fa cup runs would bare no bead thing and that would be time and money enough to being ground up. Big crowds and a presence in the town to being back fans new and old. 

Without BR and no other suitable sites in short and medium term is there a long term future.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 06:57:53 PM »
Point 1 probably not meaningless to those that have used some of their hard earned money to prop the club up over the last 13 years.