A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Just back

• 3 Replies
Just back
« on: November 30, 2019, 07:23:05 PM »
Luckily escaped with a point in an entertaining 0_0 draw against a decent but feisty welwyn. Build up was disastrous,  ken benched as bishops stortford have made a 7 day approach for him and offering good money.j.j. still injured  Hogg and riddick get injured/I'll in the warm up so disjointed side with only 2 subs.  Didn't help that all of our creative players french/jellis/seaton had poor games, and nothing really came off in attacking sense ,summed up by ty rolling the ball against a post. They were solid and useful and thank god the back 4 and hoppy had such good games. Motm for me was a joint one of hoppy and doc, hoppy for some vital saves and doc for being bloody good throughout. Mention in dispatches for jack wood and harry Jones who had great games
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:07:17 PM by harry the haddock »

Lee

• View Profile
Re: Just back
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »
Would be sad to see Ken go but if he wants to go and play in a soulless airport car park for a few extra quid then so be it.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 08:14:49 PM »
The very worse preparation for Ben given as you say hth the loss in the warm up of Ollie and Mark . Defended magnificently as a team with great saves from Hoppy and last ditch tackles  from many . Last season we'd definitely had lossed , by quite a few goals , and although WGC deserved to win we still had chances . When Ken came on (that's Feyi not Turnbull) we instantly looked a better proposition .

When I spoke to him 're Bishop Stortfords approach he said he ant going anywhere but time will tell .

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 06:13:32 AM »
Ugly messy game but well deserved point.
Last season we would have rolled over and excepted defeat but shows how much the players want it this year.the team spirit is brilliant.
Well done to all the players and cant wait for the next match :)