A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Aylesbury United Ladies

• 10 Replies

Jim R

• View Profile
Aylesbury United Ladies
« on: August 30, 2019, 05:17:16 PM »
For those who want to watch/ support the ladies team , they start this Sunday k.off 2pm venue Fairford Leys . They had a good season last year, much more competitive.
All home games will be at Fairford Leys

Re: Aylesbury United Ladies
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 10:43:49 AM »
I really should get over and support them! I keep forgetting the games. Will def try and get to a game or three this season.

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 06:56:34 PM »
Aylesbury got caught cold today 2 down in  2 minutes . They soon settled down and gave a good account of themselves. Second half was fairly even , but Stonesfield scored a third near the end. The team was short of 4/5 usual starters so on to the next game . Next home game 15th Sept at Fairford Leys . Hot drinks available 

James

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 08:03:53 AM »
Fixtures for the season can be found here:
https://www.aylesburyunitedladiesgirlsfc.com/teams/165873/fixtures-results

There is also a thriving girls club below the ladies that are on the lookout for additional coaches for their U8, U9, U10 and U11 teams. No experience necessary (we only ask that you are passionate about grass roots football and children developing in a safe and fun environment) and the club will pay for relevant qualifications and checks.

Anyone interested, please email info@aylesburyunitedladiesgirlsfc.com

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 01:23:16 PM »
Thanks for the updates Jim, glad to see the Ladies still going strong, and still at least a couple of familiar names from the days I was running the line for them at Edinburgh Playing Fields over a decade ago!

I will definitely try to pop down at some point soon.

Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 178
Last new one: St Neot's Town

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 08:34:14 AM »
Just note the ladies are at Fairford Leys Sunday kick off 2pm playing Banbury

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 03:22:23 PM »
The ladies after last week's win against Carterton are at Haddenham on Sunday 2pm , the ground is on the left entering Haddenham , when you see the tennis courts

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 12:41:20 PM »
This Sunday the ladies have a local derby v Haddenham. KO 2pm Fairford Leys.
Last week they again showed improvement and grit with a 3-3 draw away to 3rd place Headington , all support well

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2019, 09:24:41 AM »
Well done to the ladies after the 3-1 win away at league leaders Long Crendon on Sunday.
They were a lot more positive , improving as the season goes on . Next home game is Sun 12th Jan at Fairford Leys

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 06:07:49 PM »
Great way to  start  a 10 goal win against Launton. The team continue to improve under manager Bethan Cameron. Next home game is next Sunday at Fairford Leys playing fields. kick off 2pm

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 06:20:40 PM »
Another good win for the ladies against a strong Headington team. Sarah Jackson with 2 goals , making it 10 for the season, started the scoring . Headington then came back into the game in the second half , but with the improving team battling to the end ,scoring 2  in the last 5 minutes , final score 3-2.
 My player of the match would be Elena Lancaster , a real force in mid field and scoring the winning goal.
Next home match 2nd Feb v Long Crendon 2 pm at Fairford Leys.