A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Pre-season training

• 68 Replies

PaulP

• View Profile
Pre-season training
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
When does this start? Getting to that stage when I want to hear who's attended / could be signing etc.  😀

Graham D

• View Profile
Re: Pre-season training
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 01:25:26 PM »
Starts this Thurs , I believe Roni Joe wants to sign as a new player !

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:55:10 PM »

;D ;D ;D.

He's not only one. Some interesting local players. Not going to name anyone as may not sign.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 04:28:34 PM »
I think we'll be alright. We may not be the biggest spenders in the league but I'd bet we offer some of the best coaching available at step four, one of the best team spirits and if you're a talented youngster you know you'll get a chance to impress.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 04:54:14 PM »
Sorry G&W didn't realise the confidentiality.....Roni Joe isn't actually going to sign that was a joke 😁😁

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »
I know Graham ;D.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 05:23:20 PM »
Sorry G&W didn't realise the confidentiality.....Roni Joe isn't actually going to sign that was a joke 😁😁
Well he won't now you've named him!

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 05:32:58 PM »
Roni still fit as a butchers dog, not an ounce of fat on him and breezes through games for Winslow, often filling in at centre back.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 09:05:00 AM »

;D ;D ;D.

He's not only one. Some interesting local players. Not going to name anyone as may not sign.

certainly hope so as losing your main goalscorer and your biggest talent isn't the best start to the pre season! 
PS is it right that only 1 team go down this season?

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 11:02:30 AM »

;D ;D ;D.

certainly hope so as losing your main goalscorer and your biggest talent isn't the best start to the pre season! 
PS is it right that only 1 team go down this season?

I found this online.

At Step 4, the bottom side will go into a playoff with against a Step 5 side. The match will be hosted by the Step 4 side and the winner will play at Step 4 the following season with the loser playing at Step 5.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 11:16:10 AM »
Yes, the worst that can happen at the end of this coming season is a home play off against a Step 5 side to stay up.

If this looks like being the case just sign a few players from higher levels on dual registration before the transfer deadline on the proviso they'll only play in a play off if needed and survival will more than likely be secured! No doubt there will be a few clubs that actually do this.

Could you imagine such a play off against VD?!!!!

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 11:25:54 AM »
A play off against a step 5 club would be tough, many of them are better than the lower teams at step 4.  Anyway it's not for discussion, we're not going to finish bottom! 

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 11:40:28 AM »
Why so gloomy. Wait and see. Tre is on a lot of money at Bedford why would you not turn that down. You may be very surprised at who wants to sign!

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 11:47:19 AM »
I think we'll be more than ok as we have been the last two seasons but whilst the club remains in survival mode it's always best to be clear on what is required to stay up!

Once we get back home I expect Conference Football in three seasons  ;D

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
You sure Lee? 2 for me! ;)