A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Bostik South Central

• 34 Replies
Re: Bostik South Central
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »
Just seen the latest one flying around. Some interesting movement for some clubs!

I can see we are in the same division but what's happened to our nearest and dearest? Can't see them anywhere

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 10:15:25 AM »
Hellenic league.

We must remember this is all based on one persons opinion on what they think should happen.  The FA will probably have a different view!

League line ups will be announced in the NLP this Sunday but nothing is concrete until the leagues have their AGMs.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 01:10:15 PM »
Very true. This one is normally right though!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:23:36 PM by green and white »

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2019, 07:43:35 AM »
We’re staying in the Southern League and Vale are in the Spartan (as expected by everyone apart from the guy that did the spreadsheet!).

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 09:00:21 AM »
Yes he didn't get it right. A very competive Spartan Leauge as well.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 09:23:10 AM »
Indeed. I have Vale finishing somewhere between 7th and 11th. Newport Pagnell will bring strength to the division as well.

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »
Bugger.was really hoping we'd get switched to the easier division. I am afraid that we will be in for a long hard season

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2019, 11:12:26 AM »
So, from the spreadsheet projections, our league gained Wantage and Didcot and lost Cambridge and their landlords Histon, which both make geographical sense.

Does look as if they tried hard to transfer as few teams as possible, outside of the geographical reshuffle in the north.
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 173
Last new one: MK Robins

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2019, 11:54:16 AM »
Indeed. I have Vale finishing somewhere between 7th and 11th. Newport Pagnell will bring strength to the division as well.

Colney Heath and London Colney in Essex Senior League. Ridiculous to say the least.

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2019, 11:55:09 AM »
Bugger.was really hoping we'd get switched to the easier division. I am afraid that we will be in for a long hard season

We will see mate.

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »
So, from the spreadsheet projections, our league gained Wantage and Didcot and lost Cambridge and their landlords Histon, which both make geographical sense.

Does look as if they tried hard to transfer as few teams as possible, outside of the geographical reshuffle in the north.

Didcot haven't been moved Leon.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 12:02:04 PM by green and white »

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2019, 02:40:17 PM »
I think we can afford to be a bit more optimistic about next season. Not all players are in it for the money and if a team is coached well word soon spreads and players want to join.

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
Didcot haven't been moved Leon.

No, but I was referring to the predictions, in which they were predicted to be moved. Glad they stayed, as that was the only ground from our division last season that I still hadn't visited!

The Essex Senior League should probably change its name like the Kent and Sussex leagues did, although having said that, I'm not sure we need yet another league with a combination of the words "southern", "eastern" and "counties" in it!
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 173
Last new one: MK Robins

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
See London Colney appealing. If succesful someone would have to move.  Sure they wont be last either.

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »

I reckon midtable. Looks competitive. Teams don't tend to bounce back straight away either. More than happy for that to continue.
Sponsoring the Bitter Bertie for the 19/20 season

Most unlikely to catch any VD ;)