A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Buckingham Road

• 19 Replies

AD81

• View Profile
Re: Buckingham Road
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 08:52:39 PM »
I hope so. If itís no good to anybody then the bank (if itís in their ownership) will hopefully cut their loses, not likely to make or break them. Potential to borrow against it with the £500k acting as a Ďdeposití??

My head tells me itís going to take a Ďbenefactorí.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 09:19:11 PM »
We will see!!!

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2019, 06:58:45 AM »
Or we wonít. It would be nice if there were updates on the situation after making the announcement and an outline of how itís going to be achieved and what is being done to make that happen. Or if it is simply a case of waiting and hoping. I wonder how much money has been wasted on playing budget since moving out of Buckingham Road that could have been put to better use? Crowdfunding could be an option to raise some, selling personalised bricks to use in rebuild/refurbishment and local sponsorship. I would love to see it happen and hope it does, but Iím a realist and will always ask a question and say what I see, good, bad or indifferent.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
Don't think you can expect any sort of running commentary, especially as imho this will take a long time to come to fruition. I was told that even if the bank could get their asking price they'd still be incurring a loss. So they're going to hold out for as long as possible. I suppose they will all be looking into whether it's possible to get round the covenants, coz then the land is worth about a million quid per acre, which I suppose is where they get their 2.4 million price from.
Don't think it's fair comment on the playing budget as the club is run as a very tight shop and it's commonly accepted we have one of the smallest budgets in the division.

Btw what figures had you heard graham? Don't be shy!

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2019, 01:48:09 PM »
Don't think you can expect any sort of running commentary, especially as imho this will take a long time to come to fruition. I was told that even if the bank could get their asking price they'd still be incurring a loss. So they're going to hold out for as long as possible. I suppose they will all be looking into whether it's possible to get round the covenants, coz then the land is worth about a million quid per acre, which I suppose is where they get their 2.4 million price from.
Don't think it's fair comment on the playing budget as the club is run as a very tight shop and it's commonly accepted we have one of the smallest budgets in the division.

Btw what figures had you heard graham? Don't be shy!

Didn’t make a comment on the budget, I simply asked a question and further question would be what has the budget as small or large as it has been achieved from it in that period? Hindsight is of course a wonderful thing. Not a running commentary but also not radio silence, somewhere in between perhaps.

Just re-read I used the term ‘wasted’ which admittedly makes it sound more like a comment on the budget, may have been to strong a term to use, but in a sense I feel it has somewhat been wasted.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:08:13 PM by AD81 »