A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Bostik South Central

• 34 Replies
Bostik South Central
« on: April 21, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »
Apparently the non league forum is suggesting we might get switched to the Bostik South Central next season, so we could meet up again with our old pals from marlow. Has been suggested that this is a lower quality league which might suit us nicely! Any thoughts?

Graham D

• View Profile
Re: Bostik South Central
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 01:04:49 PM »
.....for me regardless of whether it's the Bostick or Evo Stick league I'll be glued to whichever league we're in

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 01:53:34 PM »
.....for me regardless of whether it's the Bostick or Evo Stick league I'll be glued to whichever league we're in

I like it. You done this before?

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 03:23:12 PM »
I hope Graham gets some stick for that comment.

Still plenty of changes that could happen over the next couple of weeks, and we're right on the borderline of the two leagues, with our neighbours at Berko still in the Southern, so who knows? Always fun to speculate though!

Dunstable are currently expected to be reprieved by a margin of 0.008 points per game according to the magic spreadsheet. If they actually end up going down, that might well push us back across the league borders!
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 172
Last new one: Peterborough Sports

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 04:18:08 PM »
I agree Leon. They always cock it up will change so many times as usual.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2019, 06:07:33 PM »
I believe that we may stay where we are because Chesham will be staying in the Southern League.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 08:25:59 PM »
That's not good news then as if we are losing tre we are going to need to find a goalscorer with zilch money.going to have to hope there are 2 teams worse than us because we are hardly pulling any trees up at present.poor old ben, I do feel sorry for him at times like this. Maybe TyDeacon would like to stay at southern league level?

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 09:20:23 PM »
There will be loads of players floating around. Always difficult to find top goal scorers money counts.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:34:41 PM by green and white »

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 09:51:01 AM »
Same forum has Vale Dynamos in the Hellenic next season. Maybe no-one will end up with what they expected next season?!

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 09:33:06 PM »
Dunstable are now in a provisional relegation position after today's results, largely because we're so shit that we lost to the side in 20th, but also because Romford got a point at Grays so are now level on PPG and ahead of Dunstable in the step 4 relegation reprieve league table on goal difference (!). As I said previously, Dunstable going down might well contribute towards us staying in this league.

In more confusing shambles news, Bedford all but confirmed 4th place today, but they and whoever ends up in 5th cannot be promoted, even if they win the playoffs, because they're bottom of the step 4 playoffs PPG table!

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 09:44:13 PM »
Why they couldn't leave it as before heaven knows.

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 10:01:46 PM »
Dunstable are now in a provisional relegation position after today's results, largely because we're so shit that we lost to the side in 20th, but also because Romford got a point at Grays so are now level on PPG and ahead of Dunstable in the step 4 relegation reprieve league table on goal difference (!). As I said previously, Dunstable going down might well contribute towards us staying in this league.

In more confusing shambles news, Bedford all but confirmed 4th place today, but they and whoever ends up in 5th cannot be promoted, even if they win the playoffs, because they're bottom of the step 4 playoffs PPG table!

Thats shambolic.
Sponsoring the Bitter Bertie for the 19/20 season

Most unlikely to catch any VD ;)

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2019, 06:56:13 PM »
Basingstoke getting relegated to Step 4 today might put a cat amongst the pigeons. By my reckoning, if they get put into the Southern South with everyone further down the M3, that could shove Didcot back into the Southern Central and, if that happens, it may mean that the Ducks end up in the Bostik South Central after all.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2019, 07:58:49 PM »
A waiting game now.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2019, 04:37:44 PM »
Just seen the latest one flying around. Some interesting movement for some clubs!