A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

16 Years Ago Today

• 7 Replies
16 Years Ago Today
« on: April 12, 2019, 05:09:52 PM »
Who remembers the events from way back when?

Leon

• View Profile
Re: 16 Years Ago Today
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 05:27:50 PM »
Burscough? I remember it. I don't want to talk about it.
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 174
Last new one: Brimscombe & Thrupp

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 05:32:13 PM »
.....so near yet so far . Remember it vividly they too have struggled since .

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
16 years 😱
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 182 | The Meadow, Brimscombe
Total grounds: 241 | Last new: The Meadow, Brimscombe

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 07:47:53 PM »
16 years 😱
I was in a hot sandy location many miles from home when this game was played.  Watching Grandstand on the TV waiting for the result to come through on Final Score was torture.  Seeing the result (without knowing the circumstances) was worse.  It was a long time until I found out the truth of that day, even more frustrated because I was home in time for the Final. 

Even though I wasn't there I despise Shaun Teale for denying me and hundreds of other Ducks fans the biggest day of my time following the team.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 10:27:47 PM »
That day was a pivotal day in the history of this football club. If we had won that day we wouldn’t be where we are today I am totally convinced of that.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 10:36:35 AM »
Ironically, and without knowing about this thread, I was thinking about this match yesterday on the train back from Manchester (while trying to find what league Burscough are in, in the non-league paper). I have had many, many disappointments in my life as a football fan - very few come even close to how I felt when that penalty decision was given. The pain of knowing that we would never be that close again to the FA Trophy Final has never diminished, even after 16 years.

Thanks for bringing it all up again, Stone Island!

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 11:01:49 AM »
Burscough went down to Step 5 I think. What bad luck.