A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Ex-Ducks

• 277 Replies

Ian

• View Profile
Re: Ex-Ducks
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2021, 10:34:12 PM »
I watched Berko beat Bedford 1-0 this evening, with Kinnane and Frederick quite prominent for the home side.  Testament to Jordan that he didn't look out of place in the middle of the Berko midfield.  Hard fought match, Bedford didn't do enough to force a goal against a makeshift Berko team (5 out injured), who scored rather against the run of play, with the usual bitching & moaning from the away bench as the game progressed.  It was quite amusing as a neutral listening to the reaction of the Bedford fans who seemed to think they only had to turn up to win the game! ;D

In other news, Ty scored twice in Rushden's win against Lowestoft this evening.

« Reply #181 on: November 24, 2021, 03:00:40 PM »
Bit of a drive for Hoppy!
He moved to Andover, so not that far....

« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2021, 10:03:20 AM »
Greco who was on loan from hayes and yeading is now on loan from them to barton rovers

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2021, 02:35:29 PM »
Bruno Brito , 17 app 0 goals , and Derek Feyi 5 starts 0 goals are on the books at Arlesey Town.

« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2021, 05:51:40 PM »
Jeanmal Prosper has signed for Hemel Hempstead Town from Chesham.

Callum Mapley was on the bench for Flackwell Heath on Saturday, so appears to have left Thame (Marcos Ushiro-Lumb is also back playing for Flackwell Heath at the moment).

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2021, 06:10:17 PM »
I wondered if Jamal had left Chesham a while ago. Not seen him playing for a while. Not sure if Conference South Level.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2021, 08:54:58 PM »
I wondered if Jamal had left Chesham a while ago. Not seen him playing for a while. Not sure if Conference South Level.

Jammers missed the start of the season as he was travelling.  Made a couple of appearances for Chesham when he returned.  I would agree about the step up, but good luck to him.  Always rated him more offensively than a reliable defender.

« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2022, 02:39:20 PM »
Playing for Risborough today.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2022, 09:30:48 PM »
Bit odd - he played for Chesham on Saturday!

« Reply #189 on: January 04, 2022, 07:40:36 PM »
Definitely played I went along to watch!

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2022, 11:01:26 PM »
Not doubting it, just a little surprised.  Maybe getting some match sharpness at a (much) lower level, he hasn't played much since he returned from travelling.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2022, 01:39:13 PM »
What's everyone's view on Risborough? Are they a money team or have they got the right combination of experience, youth etc? Thought I'd ask as they're likely opponents next season the way things are going for them.

Looking at their team sheet there's one or two players that it could be argued would command reasonable money but there's also a few decent local players and players who've been with the club since they were kids. Seen a few people on social media say it's all down to the playing budget but I'm not so sure.

« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2022, 05:58:36 PM »
Lee is there ground graded? I would be very surprised.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2022, 07:48:06 PM »
Budget is substantial, two lads who went from Winslow told us the money they were offered, ludicrous. Good luck to them though, can’t turn that down and looks like they’ll get a league medal. When Eaton and the money goes they’ll be back where they were.
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2022, 05:57:22 PM »
Lee is there ground graded? I would be very surprised.

Got to be borderline. Not much room to expand down there without impinging on the cricket and tennis clubs. Do clubs still have a year post promotion to sort their ground out?