A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Ex-Ducks

• 112 Replies

Luke

• View Profile
Re: Ex-Ducks
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »
I see Dave Anderson - Bob Dowie's assistant manager for us - won the FA Vase today as Chertsey Town manager, then announced his retirement after the game.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 251 | Last new: The Athletic Ground, Wells

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2019, 08:00:09 PM »
OK this isn't an ex duck but it's interesting watching Portsmouth v Sunderland and seeing Ollie Hawkins up front for Pompey.  I've been reading the match reports from the 4 games he played against us.  His first was for Hillingdon Borough (came on as a HT sub, marked by Fritzy!) in front of 58 people, a bit different from the 20k he's in front of tonight!

Agree it has been interesting seeing his rise. I remember him being a gangly and not particularly great striker against us, so a little surprised to see how well he's done!
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 251 | Last new: The Athletic Ground, Wells

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2019, 08:08:39 PM »
I see Dave Anderson - Bob Dowie's assistant manager for us - won the FA Vase today as Chertsey Town manager, then announced his retirement after the game.

That's the way to do it !
Sponsoring the Bitter Bertie for the 19/20 season

Most unlikely to catch any VD ;)

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2019, 08:13:12 PM »
Such a nice guy. Met him at the airport and had a reminisce of his days with Ugly Bob. He said he has such fond memories of those days.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 08:17:54 PM by green and white »

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2019, 09:43:20 AM »
Pleased for Dave Anderson, have to agree there's not many better ways to finish your time in the game!

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »
George Tomlin is appointed as Winslow's new manager, aged just 24, after his successful Sunday season with Aylesbury Flooring. Big jump up and big boots to fill!

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2019, 05:27:35 PM »
Will he manage to persuade any of our players to move there?

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2019, 05:52:24 PM »
I think George will be looking at Aston Clinton players , the Collins brothers , Dave Brown , Ashley Clark. I would hope that Ollie Hogg and Ben Seaton have more ambition than Sparten League

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2019, 07:58:16 PM »
Be interesting to see if they all fancy staying together on a Saturday. No disrepect most of those lads can play at Southern League level. Good appointment for Winslow,  wish George all the best.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:37:59 PM by green and white »

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »
Heard on the grapevine that thereís two local Step 6 clubs making players offers that local clubs further up the pyramid will struggle to match (financially anyway).

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2019, 09:47:05 AM »
I wonder who they are. If money is all they are interested in good luck to them.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »
I could take a good guess!

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2019, 04:17:11 PM »
Heard on the grapevine that thereís two local Step 6 clubs making players offers that local clubs further up the pyramid will struggle to match (financially anyway).

If you believe everything you hear, Iíve got a Nigerian Prince that you can talk to. 😂
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2019, 04:21:13 PM »
One of the clubs is believable, the other not so much.

DM me that Prince's e-mail address would you?  ;D

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2019, 04:26:56 PM »
One of the clubs is believable, the other not so much.

DM me that Prince's e-mail address would you?  ;D

Hahaha will do, I can send you his number, he may sound a bit like me but donít worry. Even one of those clubs and Iím guessing at both, one of which I know well and good what money there is and more importantly isnít, the other Risboro I assume, and I donít believe for one second the stuff going around, Iím sure they will have some but Iíve seen too many people who get a tenner go around saying they are on a ton, to know better. 😂😂
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka