A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Ex-Ducks

• 301 Replies
Re: Ex-Ducks
« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2022, 06:55:03 PM »
gossip from last night - Harry Scott & Curtis Brown are being tempted by the filthy lucre offered by RRFC, as is Jefferson Louis (at a rate of

Not surprised to be fair. Mark Eaton has a big wallet! I only want players who want to play for the club not for the money!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 06:56:37 PM by green and white »

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2022, 07:48:58 PM »
It's going to a fascinating watch from the outside; two teams either side of Aylesbury battling it out for the top spot in the SSSML, both of whom have a budget higher than most Step 4 clubs, .

Who's your money on?  Personally, I would laugh if both are behind a team like Stotfold (who seem to be similarly well backed) at the end of the season.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2022, 08:28:56 PM »
Stotfold could have the biggest budget in the league. Also why are my posts not being published in full?
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2022, 08:58:24 PM »
It's going to a fascinating watch from the outside; two teams either side of Aylesbury battling it out for the top spot in the SSSML, both of whom have a budget higher than most Step 4 clubs, .

Who's your money on?  Personally, I would laugh if both are behind a team like Stotfold (who seem to be similarly well backed) at the end of the season.

I think Leighton, they have the better Ex Duck management team.

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 15, 2022, 03:46:10 PM »

Depends whether they can hit the ground running, it's largely a new team whereas - presumably - Risborough are mostly the same squad with a few new additions.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 190 | Last new: Lancer Scott Stadium, Backwell
Total grounds: 266 | Last new: The Cherry Red Records Stadium, Wimbledon

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 15, 2022, 05:07:40 PM »

Depends whether they can hit the ground running, it's largely a new team whereas - presumably - Risborough are mostly the same squad with a few new additions.

"few"? I bet they have over a hundred players now! ;-)

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 15, 2022, 09:13:10 PM »
FWIW, my money will be on Leighton.  Bircham has a pocket book of contact that turns up step 3 players at will.  Goodness knows what their budget is this year!

« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
 I see Tyrone has signed for Bedford.

« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2022, 08:10:45 PM »
I see Max has signed for AFC Dunstable 🤔

« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2022, 08:21:15 PM »
I see Max has signed for AFC Dunstable 🤔

Money talks Dan.

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2022, 08:27:22 AM »
I'd like to think we told Max where to go given the amount of time's he's joined us only to leave a few months later.

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2022, 04:27:51 PM »
The son of our record appearance holder and goalscorer who has also been a good player for us over recent seasons will always be welcome at our club.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:29:50 PM by Lee »

Simon

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 05, 2022, 04:33:57 PM »
Also worth noting the good work Max does in encouraging Aylesbury youngsters to engage in sport.

Agreed Lee, always welcome and I'd give him a clap when he plays against us.

Jim R

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 08, 2022, 03:14:38 PM »
I see that Alex (the bollard) Collard has signed for Tamworth and Daniel Ball has signed duel registration with Winslow.

« Reply #299 on: August 08, 2022, 07:03:13 PM »
Ty scored 89th minute equaliser as well. Alex joining his ex manager there. Must be worth to travel up there.