A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Didcot game

• 7 Replies

Jim R

• View Profile
Didcot game
« on: August 14, 2021, 10:46:49 PM »
When I saw the team sheet I suspected we were going to have take ever small chance going. The pace provided by Bally and Max is too much for most teams as an example.
The after efforts in the first half I said to myself " it was going to be one of games"
Ben's interview with Paul was a good summary and the right conclusion.
 Onwards and upwards.

Ian

• View Profile
Re: Didcot game
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 07:44:53 AM »
I'd be surprised if any team in our league could lose that many people from their match day squad and achieve a result.  Thankfully most will be back quite quickly and hopefully normal service can be resumed.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 08:58:35 AM »
I'd be surprised if any team in our league could lose that many people from their match day squad and achieve a result.  Thankfully most will be back quite quickly and hopefully normal service can be resumed.

What reasons for them missing?

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 09:17:32 AM »
Dont think Ive seen us that decimated for a long time. Listing the players missing will make your eyes water!

The red card added insult to injury. People questioned the card but wed have wanted one if a Didcot player had done similar. There was no malice on Jakes part it was just an extra dollop of bad luck we could have done without.

Pretty confident well get some points on the board at Kidlington although they had a poor start as well yesterday so will be looking to put that right.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 10:29:54 AM »
A few reasons for players not being available. One player had C19 and as a result a few were then isolating. A couple of injuries and a few I believe were away.

Agree it would be hard for any team to cope with that amount of players missing. Would say though we were slow starting and Didcot weren't - just getting back into it and should have definitely scored from open goal (keeper was very relieved after his mistake) and hit the bar from a good header but the sending off then killed the game from our perspective.

I think the over celebrating from Didcot at the end is the perfect team talk material for when we play them later in the season.

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2021, 10:40:04 PM »
Disappointing day all round ,  agree Didcot certainly celebrated as if they'd taken a big scalp ' . Full credit to the 'ten ' who tried their best as the floodgates could have opened.
Nice to see a few faces and have a catch-up ,and the sun shone .
We'll bounce back , don't you worry .
Stay positive 👍

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 07:40:50 AM »
I see Didcot beat AFC Dunstable last night, so maybe they aren't going to be as bad this season as expected!
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 187 | Capershotts, Waltham Abbey
Total grounds: 255 | Last new: Capershotts, Waltham Abbey

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 08:54:21 AM »
Or AFC Dunstable not as good as last season?