A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Ex-Ducks

• 49 Replies

Luke

• View Profile
Ex-Ducks
« on: February 21, 2019, 11:27:12 AM »
From casting my eye around the leagues this week, I see Chid Onokwai has joined Hayes & Yeading United. He is 4th in the this season's Bostik League South Central goalscorers with 17 goals for Marlow and FC Romania.

Elsewhere Lewis Putman - having failed to really settle anywhere since Slough Town - is back scoring goals for Oxhey Jets. Always thought it was only a matter of time before he returned there.

If only we needed a striker, eh?
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 181 | Lincoln Road, Peterborough
Total grounds: 238 | Last new: John Clements Sports & Community Centre, Codicote

Re: Ex-Ducks
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 12:01:07 PM »
Ha ha. You better pick him up Luke :)

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 10:55:45 AM »
thanks for starting this thread Luke - i'd suggested something like this a few weeks ago; an ongoing thread where little bits of info on ex ducks can be posted.
Taylor Collins and Kevin Mealor currently turning out for Aston Clinton
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 11:02:21 AM by harry the haddock »

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:56:37 PM »
thanks for starting this thread Luke - i'd suggested something like this a few weeks ago; an ongoing thread where little bits of info on ex ducks can be posted.
Taylor Collins and Kevin Mealor currently turning out for Aston Clinton

Yeah it's always an interesting topic!
Total grounds: 238 | Last new: John Clements Sports & Community Centre, Codicote

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 04:28:59 PM »
Benji is now loan at Corinthian Casuals and Leon Barnett has set up his own football academy in Luton following his retirement

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 07:27:55 PM »
Scott Honeyball has gone to watch West Ham v Newcastle today.

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 06:50:32 PM »
Striker Tyriq Hunte has - having been regularly amongst the goals for Edgware Town this season - has joined North Leigh today.

Now... who are North Leigh playing next?? 🤔

jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 08:00:41 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday player Dominic Iorfa is the son of the Aylesbury legend of the same name

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »
Lee Worgan’s other half had a baby recently.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »
Sheffield Wednesday player Dominic Iorfa is the son of the Aylesbury legend of the same name
Legendary for being sent off as he entered the field of play!

jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2019, 10:12:14 PM »
2 goals as a sub on his debut with great celebrations followed by a sending off for a "do you know who I am" diva rant at the linesman is pretty legendary  ;D

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 11:45:03 AM »

When he signed for Wendy i was racking my brains to wonder why i knew the name, so thanks for solving the mystery Jamie!

Paul Bastock is now assistant manager at Kings lYnn Town and recently turned out for them at the ripe old age of 48

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2019, 12:27:44 PM »

Doesnt seem possible that Dominic Iorfa was 20 years ago, back in the season with Ugly Bob.

His wiki page shows quite a few moves back in that year, not sure how accurate it is of course, but Gravesend managed 6 games out of him. He only seemed to manage a couple of games at the several other clubs he was at. Although I suspect he was serving a suspension here and there with his potty mouth  :D

The page also says this:

"He enjoyed a successful spell in the Irish Premier League with Waterford United and was adored by the fans, despite missing a penalty on his debut. To this day, his yellow Puma boots are still worn by the clubs kitman who received the boots off Iorfa shortly before he left the club."
Sponsoring the Bitter Bertie for the 19/20 season

Most unlikely to catch any VD ;)

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2019, 02:34:48 PM »
lewis putman is playing for Kings Langley today

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2019, 08:17:26 PM »
Striker Tyriq Hunte has - having been regularly amongst the goals for Edgware Town this season - has joined North Leigh today.

Now... who are North Leigh playing next?? 🤔

Wasn't wrong!