A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Squad members

• 23 Replies

Jim R

• View Profile
Squad members
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:08:29 PM »
Just seen the post from Northwood who have signed Kierran Lataille. I should have half expect it.
 My concern is we only have Archie Davis signed on , as a keeper. I do hope he stays fit to play for the rest of this season. On the day I would expect Greg  Williams would put on the gloves , if Archie had to go off.  I suspect Ben should have a plan to cover for Archie.
Good to see today Jack Sillitoe helping with Archie's warm up,

Re: Squad members
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:45:22 PM »
Very quiet on the Forum , any opinions on the Coleshill match . ?

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 04:43:31 AM »
Colehill match just showed we cant defend,
Ball kept jumping into tackles and getting caught out for most of the game,
Loads of backwards passing very difficult to watch
Tucker and jack wood had a great game and most ridiculous was that berry got substituted,
We did manage to score some nice goals but sadly to much of the same defending this season

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 02:12:36 PM »
Ball is young so easy to single him out. I think he will turn out to be a great signing. My opinion only this was same last season. Really need to strengthen wisley in close season.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:14:00 PM by green and white »

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 12:30:02 PM »
Tucker and jack wood had a great game and most ridiculous was that berry got substituted,
We did manage to score some nice goals but sadly to much of the same defending this season

Think it was this quote that got Smelly's fluffer Will to tweet Mr Ball telling him that we can't defend. If you are going to grass anyone up,  William, get your facts straight first  :-*
Proud sponsor of the Bin Bag Brothers for 2018/19

Please note, Personal Messages are not read.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 12:37:41 PM »
Strange how people see the game differently.me n my compadres have him motm.we were trying to think of the last proper right back wed had (apart from Hinds- lCadette before his injury) i've been really impressed with him and tucker. Certainly improved the team. Be interesting to know what Ben thinks is going wrong with the defence because individually they are all good players.is it a lack of discipline collectively or individually? Is there a lack of communication coz the same old problems seem to rear their ugly heads every other week?

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 01:19:45 PM »

Think it was this quote that got Smelly's fluffer Will to tweet Mr Ball telling him that we can't defend. If you are going to grass anyone up,  William, get your facts straight first  :-*

This is what happens when your season is withering away into nothing, you try and disrupt other people’s.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »

Will Kirkpatrick sums him up . As for Tony thought better of you. Both entitiled to there opinions and freedom of speech just as anyone. Shame people can see through it! As for Balley he knows the score!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 01:36:58 PM by green and white »

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »
Like HTH I thought Ball was our man of the match. Think he's been absolutely outstanding every week. Reminds me a lot of Jack Wood in his early days at the club.
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 172
Last new one: Peterborough Sports

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »
Agree Ball is quality . Defence issues down to concentration levels although individual mistakes prove costly . Previous week we defended heroically....I guess that what happens at this level . Great to see Sonny back . Looking forward to the rest of the season....unlike some !!!???

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »
Like HTH I thought Ball was our man of the match. Think he's been absolutely outstanding every week. Reminds me a lot of Jack Wood in his early days at the club.

Only seen him once but echo these sentiments.

(And looking forward to these opinions being relayed back to Twitter by our watchers, or is it only the negative that gets posted there?)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:51:44 PM by Luke »
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 181 | Lincoln Road, Peterborough
Total grounds: 238 | Last new: John Clements Sports & Community Centre, Codicote

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 04:50:32 PM »

Only seen him once but echo these sentiments.

(And looking forward to these opinions being relayed back to Twitter by our watchers, or is it only the negative that gets posted there?)

I think we have a bite......

We do ship far too many goals, that's a fact, but no one is going to blame the bloke that came in a couple of games ago.
Proud sponsor of the Bin Bag Brothers for 2018/19

Please note, Personal Messages are not read.

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 05:05:45 PM »
Maybe Will can meet Lee over a coffee and call him what he said to his face. True class. Must be great for parents of Bedgrove Dynomos to read that. Keep it up Will !
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:07:41 PM by green and white »

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 05:23:41 PM »
...what did he say g and w ?

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
...what did he say g and w ?

Called Lee a knob.