A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Merger Confirmed!

• 56 Replies
Re: Merger Confirmed!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »
He is disapointed. Was never going to happen due to some on there commitee being against it. They have there views which will never change. Wish them well.

PaulP

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 07:27:19 PM »
No surprise there, think we can guess who. A response to their statement on Twitter said something along the lines of waiting for the abuse from Ducks fans! Made me smile, think heís misjudged our opinions. Leave them to it.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 07:34:28 PM »
Missed opportunity for both clubs that fair minded, rational thinking fans will regret whilst conservative, narrow minded supporters will celebrate.

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 07:55:34 PM »
Very clever statement that, making out it was them who 'walked away' from the talks.

I'm still firmly in the no merger camp.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 178 | In2itive Park, Yaxley
Total grounds: 232 | Last new: In2itive Park, Yaxley

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 10:25:11 PM »
Interesting. I wonder if their current chairman will stick around.

I predict Aylesbury FC will be next year's Arlesey.

One respected tweeter even talking about an implosion at the club.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:37:30 PM by Lee »

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 11:06:00 PM »
Looks like the old guard have had a victory, even if you think their stance smacks of desperate vainglorious defiance.Very disappointing. Let's hope they've won the battle but will soon lose the war. Think Mike f is probably articulating the feelings of the majority of fans on both sides

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 04:05:44 PM »
It would have been nice to have sorted something out but I think we'll be ok. We have a united fan base, a better manager and a good junior set up.

They've had the town to themselves for 9 years and are still level pegging with us in the league, says it all really.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 04:25:06 PM »
Agree Lee. Good Luck to them time to move on.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 06:36:38 PM »

Thorny-D has a very strange idea that we as a club our rotten to the core. Isnt he supposed to be a club official ? Even if he isnt, he really does need to moderate his tone.
Proud sponsor of the Bin Bag Brothers for 2018/19

Please note, Personal Messages are not read.

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 06:52:50 PM »

Thorny-D has a very strange idea that we as a club our rotten to the core. Isnt he supposed to be a club official ? Even if he isnt, he really does need to moderate his tone.

He along with DB do the pitch. I think he should ask his own club about what the lease was given for.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2018, 11:16:46 PM »
Do have to laugh at some short memories down FC. From us poaching players to taking them over.....................Boot, shoe, other foot?

Expected deluded comments on their forum but interesting to see some support for us moving in. The statement may well have lost them short in demand volunteers/support behind the scenes, if not this season but most definitely next.

As others have said we still exist over 10 years outside the town, much to the annoyance of some.

At least the statement has stopped the tumbleweed on their forum with the largest amount of responses to a thread since September

Up the ducks!

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 02:47:55 PM »

He along with DB do the pitch. I think he should ask his own club about what the lease was given for.

Would be good to see the comment about being rotten to the core qualified by the person who wrote it. I doubt we will though.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
That ĎThorny-Dí is more than a sarnie short of a picnic isnít he...
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

Liam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 04:43:26 PM »
Unless they get significant investment surely their situation won't change?  It must be hard to survive on small crowds and pay all the bills.  I'm fully aware we're not in the rosiest of positions either but I imagine our groundshare agreement is probably financially not a huge burden when we get small crowds as we don't have the rest of the baggage to pay for.

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 05:46:52 PM »
That ĎThorny-Dí is more than a sarnie short of a picnic isnít he...

He makes for an interesting scientific study. He seems flattered about the club official bit though, even if it is just holding DB's bin bags open for him  ;D
Proud sponsor of the Bin Bag Brothers for 2018/19

Please note, Personal Messages are not read.