A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Tonight v Burnham

• 21 Replies
Re: Tonight v Burnham
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 07:24:05 PM »
It's unlikely that I would be talking to any of them because I only go to the Ducks games and I don't personally know Leon or Mike but looking at various posts there are clearly a few others that are interested in both teams and I can't see anything wrong with that. It is Aylesbury football that we are discussing afterall. 

Vinnie

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 09:23:20 PM »
I rest my case!!!!!

Prez!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »
Scouter's rationale behind staying as we are is based on us finding a ground in Aylesbury next season and playing at an appropriate level, or words to that effect. It is well known that Slug are getting a lot closer to returning home and maybe that's the example he has in mind; However I really don't see the Council building a facility for us and even more so now there is already a senior club playing in the town.
Why not merge and take our history with us and take our fan base as well.
Ex Prez is also wrong because some of us do now follow both clubs and we don't have a problem with that but we all want what's best for the Ducks and for the town. So this is the right place to discuss it.     

How much clearer do you want it?
You are in a minority of one, the only person  interested in discussing this here is YOU.
If you wish me to make this any clearer, I will be at the Tiptree game on Sunday, my picture is under my name, I don't hide under a cloak of anonymity. Make yourself known, let's talk this out face to face in a gentlemanly fashion.
Or you can carry on talking to yourself.

For the record I know of no-one who follows both clubs & I'm sure you don't either.

If you wish to discuss AFC, I suggest you use their forum.
A law unto himself since 1960.

Vinnie

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »
Prez I will shake your hand on Sunday for sticking with the ducks!!

Prez!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 09:49:40 PM »
Prez I will shake your hand on Sunday for sticking with the ducks!!

You know, the last couple of weeks have been glorious, I know why I follow The Ducks now. It's the people that make it for me, I've only been coming regularly for about ten years, but it's such a pleasure, I couldn't live without The Ducks, life wouldn't be the same. It's like a drug, that's why I find this merger talk so unsettling.
A law unto himself since 1960.

stingray46!

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 04:29:26 PM »
Copy of a message posted on the Burnham forum in relation to Tuesday game.

So what did people think of the performance last night? Struck me we used our "get out of jail" card!

The Ducks worked really hard, harrassed the Blues and competed for every ball and certainly did not look like a team at the wrong end of the table. They could not be faulted for effort.

I for one wish them all the best for the rest of th season and hope it turns round for them, except against us! Here's also hoping they get back to having their own ground again soon. They are too proud and historic a club to be in this position.

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 04:51:15 PM »
Copy of a message posted on the Burnham forum in relation to Tuesday game.

So what did people think of the performance last night? Struck me we used our "get out of jail" card!

The Ducks worked really hard, harrassed the Blues and competed for every ball and certainly did not look like a team at the wrong end of the table. They could not be faulted for effort.

I for one wish them all the best for the rest of th season and hope it turns round for them, except against us! Here's also hoping they get back to having their own ground again soon. They are too proud and historic a club to be in this position.

Eeh bah gum, ah rest my case!