A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Today

• 38 Replies
Re: Today
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
Sheffield has a population of 600k and two long established teams playing in the city and the rivalries are no doubt intense; The analogy is therefore not brilliant because at the moment there is only one team playing in Aylesbury and they have been going for 2 minutes but at least the town now has a team, one that hopefully can go onto better things. It remains my hope that if the going gets too bad for us that we will still be able to merge because I see being back in Aylesbury is the most important thing for us.   

Vinnie

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
Go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lowey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »
Is that really what u want? U should have said!!
 ???  ???  ???  ::)  ::)  ::)

Loving these faces - can one be added that yawns 4 when SBD next bangs on??

SBD, personally I am so bored with you simply ignoring our situation as a club and what has really gone on, and keeping on with your blind devotion to an opinion that we should merge with FC. In reality that isn't going to happen and telling us that its the way forward just isn't relevant or helpful right now if you ask me.

If those involved at Haywood Way really wanted a merger rather than a takeover that got AUFC out of the way then things would have been discussed in public and everyone could have had their say. I would have said 'no merger no matter what' and you would have been the opposite. Things should have been spoken about in the correct ways with the people that matter at both clubs - in particular AUFC supporters who stood to lose so much. These discussions simply didn't happen and what has happened since makes a merger pretty much impossible anyway - we are a fan owned club, can you really see the supporters trust being up for a merger?? At the meeting at the tennis club a couple of months ago I couldn't find one person who wanted that to happen, and there was a decent turn out that night.

We're through in the cup, and from what I saw Sunday and from speaking to those who have seen the League games it seems we're assembling a team that gives Ducks supporters cause to be hopefully optimistic about the team's chances this season.

Aylesbury United has some fighting to do - Are you in or out???
AUFC forever! Keep the faith!

Vinnie

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 05:20:41 PM »
Well said mate,he is out!!!!!SBD it is boring,so boring.Do you get the message???By the way did you go Sunday???Me thinks not!!!

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 05:30:54 PM »
No I couldn't go on Sunday. But I am most definitely in; I was never out and never will be. I will continue to promote what I believe is the best way of preserving this club.   

Vinnie

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
That will be on your own then!!!

Lowey

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2009, 05:52:11 PM »
OK SBD, you do that and I will use my energy and passion to continue getting behind those pulling on the AUFC shirt and working hard as part of AUFC committee to look at ways of bringing The Ducks home in the right way so that Aylesbury United FC is here for generations to come 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:59:18 PM by Lowey »
AUFC forever! Keep the faith!

Prez!

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »
Brilliantly put Ian, well said, mate.

Please SBD, whoever you are, please take note of what's been said, we hear what you're saying, it's just not welcome round here.
A law unto himself since 1960.

Vinnie

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »
Lowey, will be right behind you!!!!