A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Merger

• 8 Replies
Merger
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »
Can we re-open the debate about merging with Aylesbury. It is clearer now more than ever that we need to join forces. They have something that we want and we have something they want.

Re: Merger
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »
This is a AFC free forum, use the other one to talk about them! :P

I'm all for a merger as long as they keep their name of Aylesbury and we keep the name United to form the new clubs name! ;D

Seriously if AFC get promoted I can't see much hope for United staying in business. >:(
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:47:47 PM by Tidworth Duck »

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 07:13:08 PM »
It has been debated. Now can we get on with the season.

STONE ISLAND

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 08:46:57 PM »
Sadly we need to get our heads out of the sand over this one. The future is looking bleak and I don't see many other alternatives.

Prez!

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »
Can we re-open the debate about merging with Aylesbury. It is clearer now more than ever that we need to join forces. They have something that we want and we have something they want.

At least DOTW should be safe from your inane ramblings.

In a word, No.
If they hadn't disrupted the public meeting @ the college,if they hadn't tried to put us out of business with a merger recently, if they had any scruples & if it was a LAST RESORT, then maybe.
I wouldn't grace their poxy little ground with my precense, under ANY circumstances though.
Anyway, it seems a moot point canvassing opinion here, we're hardly the decision makers.
And yes, Tidworth Duck is right, this is an AFC free zone.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 12:06:36 PM by New Musical ExPrez »
A law unto himself since 1960.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 01:48:26 PM »
Once a Duck always a Duck!
I'm not a mole or swan or whatever else they have on their badge. ???

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 06:03:51 PM »
Once a Duck always a Duck!
I'm not a mole or swan or whatever else they have on their badge. ???

Their badge is identical to Buckingham golf club. Also looks very similar to the that which appears on the Bucks County Show signs. Are they Buckinghamshire FC next season?!  :P
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 190 | Last new: Lancer Scott Stadium, Backwell
Total grounds: 266 | Last new: The Cherry Red Records Stadium, Wimbledon

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
I get cross when the world and his brother including the Bucks Herald talk about a "failed merger".  On the evidence I have seen there never even was an "attempted merger", just an attempt to destroy.  We should not let what some other club is up to dominate the way we behave and think.  Our club is Aylesbury United.  Let's get on with it. 

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »
I get cross when the world and his brother including the Bucks Herald talk about a "failed merger".  On the evidence I have seen there never even was an "attempted merger", just an attempt to destroy.  We should not let what some other club is up to dominate the way we behave and think.  Our club is Aylesbury United.  Let's get on with it. 

Spot on
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 190 | Last new: Lancer Scott Stadium, Backwell
Total grounds: 266 | Last new: The Cherry Red Records Stadium, Wimbledon