A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

This season how will it end

• 17 Replies

Ian

• View Profile
Re: This season how will it end
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 04:40:44 PM »
I think we should stick with the appearances/goal scorers.  The League table may be expunged for the purposes of deciding the final league table, but the games still took place.  Besides, who's going to volunteer to tell Greg he hasn't made it to 500 appearances? ;D

It's just a shame that such a good season ended this way with so much to play for, so many clubs will be wondering what might have been.

I guess plans for the end of season presentation and the awards that go with it will have to wait until the situation improves, but I know 21CD will be thinking about what to do.  I see no reason why awards shouldn't be handed out, it's just a case of when.

AD81

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 05:03:32 PM »
Jersey and Vauxhall Motors has already secured promotion mathematically! I assume if the season doesn’t count all match official fees, fines etc... will be returned...
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 07:27:48 PM »

Ok,no great surprise its all been cancelled, but they shouldnt expunge the records or wipe a season off peoples careers. If there are no promotion/relegation issues, what difference if the table reflects 0 games or the 29/30 or whatever we were when we last played.

Ok, we could have been promoted , but bigger fish to fry right now (pun not intended).
Sponsoring the Bitter Bertie for the 19/20 season

Most unlikely to catch any VD ;)