A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Kidlington

• 6 Replies

Graham D

• View Profile
Kidlington
« on: February 09, 2020, 01:12:51 PM »
Definitely 2 points dropped given the number of  chances we created . Thought Sonny and JJ were outstanding . Some players not on their game today but can't complain too much given our circumstances . Ref very poor to both sides . Away support as always amazing

Ian

• View Profile
Re: Kidlington
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »
I was counting the golden opportunities we missed that we should have scored from, it got past the fingers of one hand.  On a truer surface, I think we could well have done to Kidlington what we did to Coleshill 2 weeks ago.

The ref did reflect on his decision not to award a red card at the end of the match and admitted in hindsight it could and should have seen their sub walking off early.  As I said to him, at least it didn't impact the result.

Good to see Hoggy back and playing at his tigerish best, let's hope the injury concern are beyond him now.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:24:37 PM »
Not too much damage done.thame lost and tonight, unbelievably, yaxley only drew at wantage. It's very much in our own hands for a play off place

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »
Yes, need to stock up on some points during the rest of February and March as April looks like being a toughie.

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 01:39:53 PM »
Still pinching myself that we're even in this position in February, actually talking about playoffs and whether we'll qualify or not. Pretty sure most people would have expected us to be at the other end of the table - and that's no disrespect intended, just shows how much credit is due to the whole team and the management.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 186 | Steel Park, Corby
Total grounds: 250 | Last new: The Raymond McEnhill Stadium, Salisbury

Graham D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 03:18:38 PM »
Agree with all comments . Think the new boys this season have really blended with the established stalwarts and we've become a team where everyone wants to play for the shirt . Team spirit second to none .

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 06:15:37 PM »
Agree with all comments . Think the new boys this season have really blended with the established stalwarts and we've become a team where everyone wants to play for the shirt . Team spirit second to none .

Town is buzzing ;)