A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

Walthamstow

• 6 Replies

Graham D

• View Profile
Walthamstow
« on: September 08, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »
Got smashed by a much better side than us . Scoreline defiantly flatters us too . High expectations before the game but realism quickly set in . Good crowd in attendance with 30 or so from Stow . Perhaps we're not as good as we thought we are , next Saturday will confirm . I'd play Bally wide right in place of Mel E.....it's a travesty he can't play every week as he's quality .After that performance enough said .

Re: Walthamstow
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 06:39:03 PM »
Happens I'm afraid. We were poor today. Question is why? Good Luck to Walthamstow they deserved it.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 07:27:24 PM »
After the great start to the season today was definately a wake up call.
Im sorry but we were awful and how ball&jones can get left out for melvy is very strange and gonna get some stick but greg was terrible and should not have been brought on with other options available.
We did get unlucky at 2-0 when there defender caught the ball in his hands but they deserved the win and are a great team.
Hopefully this game will wake the players up and get back to playing how there were as still unbeaten in the league

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 09:51:39 PM »
Pretty bad day at the office. I wouldn't pick out any of the players as we were 2nd best all over the pitch.

I don't think the Berko game did us any favours for this game as the Stow were fresher from no midweek game and their management team got the opportunity to scout us. I think they used that trip to the full as they basically nullified the threat from Sonny and Ollie and closed us down much more than we did to them. Ken also picked up his injury in that game!

The pre-game message from their management team was that 'they are literally chomping at the bit'. Safe to say they were in 3rd gear before we had even started!

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 10:07:12 AM »
Walthamstow should be a top half step 4 side this time next year and I suspect had the biggest playing budget of the two teams out there yesterday. They were well supported and Graham was a good, old fashioned non league football supporter! Only criticism I would make is that their number 8 should learn how to win with grace rather than like a k*obhead.

I don't think we will play that poorly again all season.

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »
You will always get one idiot Lee. Good draw for them though.

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 04:40:00 PM »
Walthamstow should be a top half step 4 side this time next year and I suspect had the biggest playing budget of the two teams out there yesterday. They were well supported and Graham was a good, old fashioned non league football supporter! Only criticism I would make is that their number 8 should learn how to win with grace rather than like a k*obhead.

I don't think we will play that poorly again all season.

Looking at the team sheet, that was Being Crilley, ex Chesham.  Might have had something to do with it if he was a bit fired up?