A reminder: Whilst this forum is provided for discussion on matters relating to Aylesbury United Football Club, it is not officially endorsed or connected to the club. All posts are opinions of the original poster and are not representative of the club's opinion. This is an unofficial forum.

AFC Dunstable

• 5 Replies

Graham D

• View Profile
AFC Dunstable
« on: March 15, 2019, 10:13:46 AM »
Can I please request the players turn up tomorrow and show spirit , work rate (second to none) , determination and play for the badge on the shirt . Don't mind getting beat but it's the way we sometimes get beat that frustrates the life out of me . THANK YOU .

Graham D

• View Profile
Re: AFC Dunstable
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 05:52:05 PM »
All of the above achieved against a very physical side . Thought we coped much better than Dunstable with the conditions and fully deserved a point and might well have nicked it in the end but in fairness so could they have . Well done lads . COYD

Leon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 06:29:36 PM »
Thought it took the entirety of a farcical first half for either side to get to grips with the conditions, except for Dunstable's number 4 who somehow was able to play the entire game as if the wind didn't exist. Much better spectacle in the second half.

Very pleased that we fought back to get a point despite the elements being against us, and it was a really good goal too. Also interesting to see us experimenting with 3-5-2, my favourite formation :)

I see North Leigh lost 5-2 to Corby and are now six points adrift at the bottom. If ever there were a team that wished they could play us every week... ::)
Grounds I've seen the Ducks at: 172
Last new one: Peterborough Sports

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 07:05:30 PM »
Awesome performance in very testing conditions . 3-5-2 looked a great formation , surely the strongest team selection on paper as well - only one team tried to play football where possible . Attendance of 78 - Well done lads

Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 07:32:12 PM »
I see North Leigh lost 5-2 to Corby and are now six points adrift at the bottom. If ever there were a team that wished they could play us every week... ::)

3 goals in 2 games for Tyriq Hunte, another of the 'ones who got away'!

Good point for us today though, well done all.
Grounds seen Aylesbury at: 181 | Lincoln Road, Peterborough
Total grounds: 238 | Last new: John Clements Sports & Community Centre, Codicote

Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 08:29:15 AM »
Dunstable celebrating on Twitter that the point yesterday means they’re safe!

Top draw negativity that, they were never in any danger of going down!